I set my kitchen on fire!!

8 posts Page 1 of 1

cr15py

Post by cr15py » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:22 pm
Not debt related, but a bit of light relief (well it is now I can smile about it!)

Last night, the girlfriend was at work, so I made myself some cheese on toast under the grill. Everything fine, switched the cooker off at the wall, and ate my snack.

About 8:30 I put the oven on to make tea for my girlfriend and I, not realising I had not switched the grill off from earlier. I went back to the living room and watched The Bill. I heard the alarm, but thought it was on TV - when the scene changed, I noticed it was in the block of flats we live in, and lo and behold, it was our kitchen! The grill pan had caught fire. Ran into the kitchen, switched the oven off, closed the grill door, ran back to the living room for my coat, and back through the kitchen to the back door and outside with no shoes on. I dialled 999 and the fire brigade came and put the fire out, and I went to hospital as I had inhaled some smoke.

Luckily, the cooker is a write-off, but is covered by the insurance, so no cost to us there (no excess on the policy either), there is a small amount of smoke damage on the wall, and the whole flat stinks of smoke, but I am fine! But certainly a scary moment!
Chris
Visit my blog at http://cr15py.blogs.iva.co.uk
16 down, 44 to go!!

lily

Post by lily » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:31 pm
Glad youre Ok Chris.

You just never know what tomorrow might bring do you???
lily

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:49 pm
Oh Cr15py, What you like ? Glad you are ok, no damage done !

angela18

Post by angela18 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:50 pm
Just as well you noticed or you could have been Crispy!! which would not have been so funny[:I]
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:06 pm
Chris
I am glad to hear you are ok, its so easy to do. I got up this afternoo ( on nights) went in the kitchen and hubby had left one of the rings on. Luckily nothing on it.
Weird you say that angela chris knows I had to apologise for calling him crispy I kept looking at the 5 and the 1 as an s and an I.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm
Chris I'm so glad you're ok and there isn't too much damage, they always say in my house, if you can't smell burning, mum's not cooking!

I currently sit waiting for my husband to come home and cook my tea! I'm doing the ironing soon honest!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 pm
How frightening Chris[:0]

Might get you off making dinner duties for a while........LOL

Glad you are alright and not too much damage done[:)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:55 pm
Chris ... I was always doing that ... one night it was really scary and I was very much on the verge of running out of the house and shouting "fire"!

My daughter has now forbidden me to use the grill ... I have to fry food or put it in the oven. I feel like an OAP!

Debbie
Debbie
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”