I thought IVA's were not public!

34 posts Page 2 of 3

lily

Post by lily » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm
Jane youre not alone, I feel that if your mom see's it she might realise just how hard her daughter is trying to cope. Its a shame you do not see her and talk to her about your troubles.

I was terrified to tell my mom, she was so proud of my brother and sisters who 'made it'. I did tell her eventually and she was really understanding, helpful and right there for me.

Yours might be too, if you cant well you still have us, virtualosos

lily
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:04 pm
I felt so much better when I told my mum Jane. I was dreading telling her, but she was so supportive and wished I'd told her sooner. I have been quite open with people and most of them have been supportive - in fact when one of my friends saw that I had gone BR and survived she did it herself! It's amazing how many people are in debt but are too embarrassed to talk about it.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:32 pm
thanx to eveyone for their kind words, I suppose I just feel a total failure and so daren't tell anyone, its like a shameful secret[:(]

lily

Post by lily » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:40 pm
We mean it Jane, dont be ashamed, we all got into a mess, came here and are now doing what we can to survive. We are not bad people, we have been humbled. We all need people and it seems that youre very independant but admitting your vunerability and being honest is what strengthens and deepens.relastionships.

This time last year I didnt value my family, My sisters and brother were just that, now I love them more than ever and I am so grateful for that.

lily
lily

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:42 pm
It takes a much better person to admit to their problems and dead with them rather than bury their heads in the sand
You are facing up to yours and should be proud
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:10 am
Hi Jane, you had a problem, you faced it head-on, and you've overcome it! You should feel proud of yourself girl!!! Well done! [:D] I too was worried about anyone finding out about my BR, but at the moment I think who gives a damn, I've got other more important stuff in my life to stress about! And even if anyone did see my name in the paper, I'm sure they'll be someone or something else better to gossip about tomorrow!

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:06 pm
I am NOT in the local paper today! In a way,I wish the notice were there, to get it over and done with!!!!!!!!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:24 pm
Mine took about 3 weeks, but I think other people's have been published quicker than that.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:14 pm
Sadly I think it all depends on your area. To be honest, I doubt anyone would notice the BR announcements - the week I was in there the whole insolvency announcement was just over 6" high and mine took up less than an inch of that.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:58 pm
I should have gone BR last year when I first realised the trouble I was in - it doesn't affect my job and I've got no assets apart from a car that I need for work. If I'd have done it then I would have been discharged by now!

I have been upfront with people about my BR and I think it has made things easier. Most people have been supportive and not having to lie to people makes life a lot easier.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:09 pm
An IVA is excellent for someone who isn't allowed to go BR. At least I know I tried an IVA, and if it hadn't been for the no variations modification I would have requested a variation meeting so that I could have continued with it. Shame I paid out nearly £3k finding out it wasn't for me!

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 pm
My BR was published on Wednesday, just one week after I went BR!!! A work colleague had the paper and I had a quick look and there I was (to be honest it was just a couple of sentences), I too am worried that my parents will find out. My mum isn't too well and they've sold up here and moved abroad. But no doubt one of their "friends" (who are jealous of them moving abroad) won't be able to wait to tell them - but haven't heard anything so far. I just can't tell them because I know they'd worry and probably end up selling up and moving back here to help me and I won't let that happen. And I know my dad would be so disappointed in me! They deserve a bit of happiness in the sun! (Who knows - one day I hope to join them! In the meantime I'll just have to wait and see. So I have total sympathy for you Jane in not wanting to tell your mum - sadly only you can decide whether to tell her first or wait and see if she asks you about it. Sorry, not much help I know - but try not to stress too much. You've so much to look forward to and all this uncertainty will be over soon i'm sure.

lily

Post by lily » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:33 pm
the only way is for Jane to pay a visit to Mom on the day and whip it out quick before she sees it.

lily
lily

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:01 am
mine never appeared in the paper, aren't i the unlucky one?
jane i would hate to think that you feel you are alone and a billy no mate, you really aren't, ok we can't all come and visit at once, (don't think you would be too impressed if we did) but we are all your mate here, and we are all in this together, i never like to think of someone feeling alone, i have a handful of friends, i don't see all the time through choice, i like being alone, but i have my kids and they are the every day friends i need to see, on the other hand i have my virtual friends on here who i could now never do with out, and then there is good old lilly and skippy who keep me sane, without their e-mails and support i don't know where i would be, lilly has seen me through some dark days and i mean very dark days, now there is never a day goes by that we don't e-mail each other even if it is only to say hello, how are you, really jane there are loads of friends out there, you don't have to face them just talk to them on here, i do admittedly have a very understanding mum and dad again i would never ever have got this far if i didn't.
one thing that did upset me this week and i did feel a failure was we met an old neighbour from 25 yrs ago, and you know how they go on about their kids etc and my mum stood there praising me for working in harley street and doing this etc, and then the bombshell, she could have done better tho, she could have gone further, i felt my heartbeat and thought what is she going to say, and she said but she fell in love in stead and left it all.
thump back down to earth she is more annoyed with me for giving up my career than being
BR.

sleep tight jane you have been through enough.
kerri

Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

lily

Post by lily » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:06 pm
Dots

Thats great for you and I hope everything works out.

However communication is a two way thing and its not always the case, sadly for some it is very difficult for them to contact the IP.

lily
lily
34 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”