I was dreading this...........

36 posts Page 2 of 3

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am
Well according to google I am a famous Doctor who has wrote a book on how to act, paints portraits, have walked the Great Wall and I run a museum....oh, and in my spare time I established a pony breeding programme!!!
This was all on the first page so god knows what else I'll be linked to.....think the Insolvency Register could be the least of my problems lol [:D][:D]
Last edited by chris.g on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:02 am
Chris, how do you find the time to fit it all in and post on here as well![:D][:D][:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:04 am
Jan, I'm also Superwoman, got to be!! lol

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am
I'm the same - I'm an estate agent in California, an author, I work at the University of Strathclyde and I'm a director of Saga! I'm the right age for that at least![:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:07 pm
I'm an English actress, an architect, pilot and traveller and I instruct people on their golf swing!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:01 pm
Well, I googled my name followed by insolvency register uk and still never got anything!!! I'm definately on there, I've seen it so can only assume that I'm not as interesting as some..... lol

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:24 pm
I've an unusual surname and have googled and gone 5 pages in and can't find myself connected to Insolvency. My facebook page is there!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 pm
I've googled my married name and there are lots of people trying to get in contact, relatives that my hubby has never heard of![:0]
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:25 pm
My surname is fairly usual and I don't come up on Google thank goodness especially because of the job I do--I don't want criminals arriving on my door step.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:59 am
kallis3 wrote:

But they could in 6 years time Greeneyes!
What I will do is voluntarily place a CIFAS marker on my file to protect myself, as personal details have been in the public domain which put me at risk of ID Theft. That way if anyone was to apply for credit in my name, it would red flag that something is up and for the creditor not to decline the application but to carry out further checks on my identity.

This will hold things up a little, while they carry out the checks, but better safe than sorry, and besides I don't intend to use credit again anyway. But having a clear record is so important for other things too as well as gaining credit.
Last edited by TheMatrix on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

evo102

Post by evo102 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:27 pm
Am I missing something here? If I was a fraudster the last persons identity in the world I would use to get credit would be somebody in an IVA or Bankruptcy.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:40 pm
Hi Evo, and welcome to the forum.

I see your point, but don't forget that in six years your credit rating should be ok, and fraudsters could check your iva/br details on the register, note the dates and then wait until you are debt free again.
Bob Marley.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:02 pm
Identity theft is not just used for obtaining credit. It's also used for claiming benefits, passports, setting up bank accounts and businesses etc. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye, that's why it's so lucritive.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:03 pm
Nope, everybody and his dog can look at it.
Bob Marley.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:06 pm
If it's on the internet, google will find it. They are far too powerful.

I've heard they are planning to take photos of everyone's front door to put online. Now that's an infringement on peoples rights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1031861/
Big-Brother-The-Google-cars-photograph-EVERY-door-Britain.html

That's why it needs pulling from the internet.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
36 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”