If I cannot stay on interest only mortgage I cannot continue. Devastating after 5 years

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
147 posts Page 3 of 10

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 pm
I'm inclined to agree with you. The reason I've called the variation and submitted an F&F is because my mortgage has gone up to a repayment mortgage. I can't afford this increase and my iva. At the moment I'm paying less on my mortgage which isn't ideal but it's either that or not pay my iva and risk that failing. Is there any way I can check payplans terms first before asking? Thanks for your help
Iva completed with a F&F. Completion certificate received Jan 2017

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:28 pm
Have you signed up to Payplan plus? They might be on there.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:44 pm
They should have provided you with a copy in the initial paperwork.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:49 pm
Thanks. I'll check my paperwork and payplan plus later when I'm home

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:51 pm
You entitled to ask them anyway. The terms and conditions apply to you both so ask the IP whether they are in breach or not. If they refuse to answer the question then complain until someone does answer the question.

We use R3 terms and conditions which are pretty clear and I am sure Payplan's are just as clear.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:56 pm
Thank you. I think I'm scared of asking because they're really not very friendly or sympathetic. I have a case officer who rarely answers emails but then I get scolded if I email another colleague after speaking to them because they're "not my case officer" I just want them to put forward the offer. I'd love to get my life back.

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:57 pm
Payplan site is offline. Great!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:02 pm
Payplan Plus appears to be running normally - are you signed up to that?

https://www.payplanplus.com/

Otherwise, as Foggy suggests, check your paperwork.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:04 pm
I can get into the Payplan site.
Bob Marley.

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:08 pm
I've just emailed my case officer. Hopefully she'll clarify.

linrog

Post by linrog » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:40 pm
good luck hope it all goes your way
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:34 am
3 months - ridiculous. Make sure you follow everything up in writing and ask them to confirm the same in writing. Mention in writing that you are considering making a formal complaint through the gateway if the variation is not dealt with, within the proper timescales.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 am
Personally (once you have found the section in your agreement, if it is like the ones Michales company send out) wrote to them stating that as per your agreement with them they are obliged to present your offer to creditors within X days, failure to do so is a Breach of the agreement on their part and you will be forced to make an official complaint escalating though to the ombudsman as required.

Therefore in order to avoid this please submit the full and final of £xxx submitted on xx/yy/zz along with the personal statement enclosed (which explains the reasons why) and request that they recommend acceptance, failing this that a creditors meeting for reduced payments of xx per month is agreed due to the change in circumstances (explained in the statement).

Also, if you do have equity over the amount in your agreement that requires equity release then you may need to extend for a further year (though as you're so close to the end odds are they cant force you into equity release or a loan to raise the capital they want from the equity in the property) and that this is included in your proposal,make sure it's clear that the F&F reduces with any payments made into the IVA since the date you made the F&F offer on xx/yy/zz.

As mentioned above, insist the petition for bankruptcy in event of failure clause/statement is removed from the F&F proposal, or if you receive it to sign strike those lines out.

And if they don't do it in the required time frame....... Do make an official complaint through the proper channels, it is only by action like this that pay plan will be held accountable and anything can change to improve for everyone.
Last edited by longslog101 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:29 pm
I've politely asked for clarification on the timescale. Terms state 21 days to call a meeting from my request and that they have to give 28 days notice to the creditors

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:45 pm
Just the same as our terms and they must be heeded. Now that PP know you are aware of their obligations they might do the job.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
147 posts Page 3 of 10
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”