If I pay the arrears from payment breaks granted by Cleardebt will I be out of the IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

iansezz

Post by iansezz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:34 am
I have been in my IVA for 5 years and 4 months. it was orrigionally a 5 year plan. I had problems with work and was given a 6 month payment break and the extended for another 6 months. for the last year and 3 months, i have been trying to start up payments but between my IP leaving the company and them finding a replacement and then the iva company requesting info that i have sent them 3 or 4 times i haven't managed to make payments, the iva company cant seem to give me a straight answer on anything, anyway, my question is the iva company have know asked for me to pay the arrears. if i pay the arrears, will that mean i am out of the iva as that would mean i have made 5 years worth of payment. can anyone advise. Also does anyone have any info on what my iva company are like. they are called clear debt, they don't seem to want to help and they hardly ever reply to emails and always claim they have sent us emails when they haven't. any advice would be much appreciated.
Ian Serajuddy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:40 am
Cleardebt are a very good company and you will find several people singing their praises recently.

As far as I can see, if you pay the arrears then the IVA will finish. I take it you did not have any equity?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:37 am
We were with Cleardebt and had to take a payment break and make a couple of reduced payments.

We found their communication excellent andI can only suggest you double check the email address and ask them to forward emails they sent as they will have dates on. It's not in their interest for you not to be paying!

If you clear the arrears and your equity and ppi are sorted then I would think that's the en.

To my knowledge, the IP is still David Mond and I assume you mean your caseworker has changed, our case worker went on maternity shortly before the end so I understand this can mean repeating your story.

I am sure you will get it resolved and well done for being disciplined enough to save your payments when you weren't making them!.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:38 am
We were with Cleardebt and had to take a payment break and make a couple of reduced payments.

We found their communication excellent andI can only suggest you double check the email address and ask them to forward emails they sent as they will have dates on. It's not in their interest for you not to be paying!

If you clear the arrears and your equity and ppi are sorted then I would think that's the en.

To my knowledge, the IP is still David Mond and I assume you mean your caseworker has changed, our case worker went on maternity shortly before the end so I understand this can mean repeating your story.

I am sure you will get it resolved and well done for being disciplined enough to save your payments when you weren't making them!.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:44 am
David Mond is IP and CEO and there is another IP according to the website.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:51 am
Hopefully David will be along to answer your query direct but if you are having issues regarding communicaiton I would send everything to them in writing via recorded post, including any evidence you have that they have already received the info from you.

If you make up the arrears and their are no other outstanding issues to be dealt with then they should then take steps to close your case, which I understand they are quite quick to do based on other recent postings on this forum.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:57 am
Dear iansezz,

I am sorry to hear that there appears to have been some confusion.

If you e-mail me directly (david.mond@cleardebt.co.uk) I will arrange for your case to be reviewed and for your case manager to get in touch with you to clarify matters for you.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards,

David
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

iansezz

Post by iansezz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:24 am
we have been in touch with you David. We replied to the email you sent us over a week ago and still got no reply. We where told we need to pay our arrears but not once have we been told by our case manager how much that is or if we will be out of our iva if we pay this as we have gone over the 5 year payment plan so i assume that if we pay the arrears, that will amount to the total amount that we origionally agreed to pay.
Ian Serajuddy

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:32 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Lisa Thomas

Hopefully David will be along to answer your query direct but if you are having issues regarding communication I would send everything to them in writing via recorded post, including any evidence you have that they have already received the info from you.

If you make up the arrears and there are no other outstanding issues to be dealt with then they should then take steps to close your case, which I understand they are quite quick to do based on other recent postings on this forum.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:33 am
Bumping this up so hopefully David will see it again.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:14 pm
iansezz,

I do not appear to have received any e-mail from you, it has probably got lost in the ether.

If you can re-send it to me (david.mond@cleardebt.co.uk) I will ensure this is looked into for you.

Regards

David
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”