I'm in deep trouble. Harrington Brooks insist on increased payment as wife is not interested in IVA.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
40 posts Page 2 of 3

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:29 pm
I take your point Lifenoteasy. While I am certain the intention was always an explanation of their decision, perhaps there was a bit much information. It did help me though!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

David Rankin

Post by David Rankin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:33 pm
There is nothing in my response that can identify the client to anyone outside of Harrington Brooks and not much more detail than that already posted by the client themselves, who had already disclosed their own and their wife's salaries. I was able to identify the client internally and deal with his query because my team are familiar with his request and were able to identify him from his own post. No confidence has been breached. I am a data controller myself and my staff are bound by client confidentiality and data protection.
David

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 pm
I, personally, appreciated David's thorough response and can see no breach of confidentiality.

As said there is nothing to identify the individual and only HB's familiarity with the case allowed them to identify the individual client from information he, himself posted on open forum.

I am well aware that some clients posting a question on here might not wish to be identified by their IP (though, if there is a problem, surely it is better for the IP to be aware of it)and these individuals must be mindful of what information they post.

My firm knew very well who I was as I had no secrets from them and, indeed, probably gave them information overload.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:59 pm
Lifenoteasy, it would be a great shame to lose your input on the forum. Your advice is excellent and very much appreciated by all who read your posts.

Start throwing in conflicting pieces of "chaff" personal information to keep them off the trail :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:59 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by David Rankin

I was able to identify the client internally and deal with his query because my team are familiar with his request and were able to identify him from his own post. .
I think David means his or hers...! ;-)
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:00 pm
Indeed, Lisa, modern times :-)

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:38 pm
I will think about it and maybe come back to the board in a few weeks.

It's not something that I want to lose contact with and potentially as I finish my IVA journey keep involved with.

I work in environments where the fact that you can put 2 and 2 together about individuals does not mean that you should and I'm really uneasy about what has occurred.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

achus007

Post by achus007 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:22 pm
Thanks for the reply David, much appreciated. I was expecting a phone call from Harrington Brooks. Here my income you stated as £3781 which is wrong. The average for last year was 2781. As I said there was lots of overtime last year. But my basic is under 2500 I have asked the reviewer to put this and 50% of any anything above 10% of this I will contribute to the IVA. But she rejected this. If I send my new payslips can this be adjusted ?
Regarding my wife's commitment I have already provided this in the beginning. I can forward you the email chain if you want. When I was applying for IVA my wife was on maternity leave and the very next month she gone back to Full time duty. Calculation on affordability of the payment was based on that.

As far I know normally IP can do a 15% reduction with out contacting the creditors. I was expecting this in my case. But the reviewer said she can't do any reduction and she is forwarding this to the creditors. As you said my creditors won't accept any thing less than £627. As my wife is changing her role to part time soon I have no other choice than an early settlement offer from my friend. Once again thank you for the explanation.
Many Thanks

achus007

Post by achus007 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:43 am
Andy Mentioned about the Overtime on another thread.

Hi

I agree with you, payments should be based on basic pay unless overtime is guaranteed

Regards

achus007

Post by achus007 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:01 am
No Wonder Michael Peoples supporting Harrington Brooks. His firm is doing the same as increasing the payment depending on the over time.

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 169#582043

achus007

Post by achus007 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:32 pm
Hi All,

I have checked my recent pay slip. My basic pay is just £2300. But Harrington Brooks calculated my pay as £2781. Which is absolutely wrong. Any Help Please.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:27 pm
On my payslip, my basic salary was one line and the extra hours showed separately. Cleardebt accepted that at review time and I had to pay the extra due on the extra hours.

I can understand them thinking it was your pay if it was one amount, do you have anything from your employer stating your basic pay? Ifnot, could you ask for one peperhaps saying you are looking for mortgage or pension?

achus007

Post by achus007 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:34 pm
Thanks for the reply. My payslip clearly says. Basic salary , bonus, overtime like that in my all payslips.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:00 pm
Cannot see how that can possibly be argued against! As long as you pay their share of extra I don't see what their problem is.

linrog

Post by linrog » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:39 pm
go back and discuss matters with your ip
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over
40 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”