implementation costs

17 posts Page 2 of 2

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:39 pm
Update,
As i have still not received any response to my initial letter of complaint (november) nor any of the subsequent emails enquiries that i have sent. I have sent a letter of complaint to DEMSA regarding the misleading information supplied by the introducer firm in particular the "no costs as creditors pay fees". I do feel strongly that if a company are prepared to take a case from an introducer and that introducer has taken a considerable fee from the client for passing on the case that the accepting firm should take due care and diligence to ensure that their new clients have been given correct and accurate information and should not use the excuse "we can't comment on what someone else told you". DEMSA members as Melanie said have very strict guidelines about not using such phrases as "no costs as creditors pay fees" so it is only right that they should check the firms they are accepting clients from are also not using such wording as it is extremely misleading! I hope to get a resolution, an apology or at least an acknowledgement that they will ensure that no future clients are mislead in this way. I will update you if / when i get a response.
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 pm
Could not agree more - it really is time the powers that be got to grip with a lot of the rogue practices which still abound in this marketplace. I would love them to start at introducer fees for IVAs - the rates that some firms are selling leads for and firms are buying cases for right now is astonishing and unethical.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “annual review”