In DMP for 1 year

6 posts Page 1 of 1

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 am
Hi all,

Just thought I'd give a quick update as I've been in my DMP for 1 year now. I've got three creditors, Barclaycard, Sainsburys credit card and a Tesco loan. I set up the DMP myself and so far all three creditors have been pretty good, I usually get a phone call every 3 or 6 months asking for an update and maybe push the monthly payment up by £5 a month which I can cope with.

I'm currently slightly in suspense because Tescos wrote to me last week saying they were reviewing my case and wanted an up to date expenses form and a revised offer so I've offered them a £15 a month increase and I'm just waiting to see if they will accept that.

Barclaycard have put me on a 6 monthly review plan but they seem happy enough and Sainsburys have passed me over to Blair Oliver but they seem okay as well.

This time last year my total debt to Barclaycard and Sainsurys was £18,156 and now it is £16,642 so still a hell of a way to go but at least it's going down and not up!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:35 am
Hi yahwob, nice to see you again.

Excellent news about the DMP. Hopefully it will continue to go as well as this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:05 pm
I think that you're managing your DMP very well and to see a decrease in the amount owed must be encouraging, keep up the good work. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 am
Good news aswell, Tesco have accepted my revised offer so I'm all set for the next year by the looks of it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:11 am
Brilliant news, I'm so pleased it's all going well for you. We do hear some horror stories on here about DMP's, so it's good to read a success story.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Cath

Post by Cath » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 am
Excellent news.
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”