In IVA but considering bankruptcy

114 posts Page 6 of 8

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:27 pm
Thanks Kallis.I sincerely hope your IVA works out for you.

We are looking forward to a bright new future after years of struggle,anxiety and stress.I actually really wanted to try and keep the house but realised in the end that the mortgage was by far the biggest burden on our income.We are now actively seeking rented housing and I think that once the court hearing and OR interview are out of the way,we are really looking forward to a new debt free start in a different house.For me,the house is quite symbolic,our current one will always remind me of tough times and financial struggle (understatement),the new house will be the symbol of our bright new future.

Thanks again
NSBS [;)]
You've got to know when to hold 'em,know when to fold 'em,know when to walk away,know when to run.....

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:12 pm
Just wanted to say good luck as well ... sometimes it's not actually the carrying out of the act but the making the decision that can bring the sense of relief. All the very best for the 8th, it is obvious that you really have tried hard to address the situation by other means ... you and your family deserve a bright and fresh future.

Debbie
Debbie

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 pm
Thanks Debbie.

The actual 'decision' to go bankrupt has been one of the most difficult of my life.You are right in what you say,the decision alone is bringing much needed relief already.

We are now firmly focused on the future.

[:)]
You've got to know when to hold 'em,know when to fold 'em,know when to walk away,know when to run.....

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:42 pm
You have reminded me of my favourite quote which I've have added to my profile ... it's a bit long and I suspect that I may get reprimanded by admin! ... but I think it applies to many of us here who have made some brave and courageous decisions ... and to those who will in the future [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:29 pm
Hey NSBS, just wanted to wish you good luck for the 8th, hope all goes ok and you can move on with your life. Thinking of you. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:35 pm
Best of luck from me too. It doesnt matter where you live as long as you are happy. A home is what you make it.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:48 pm
Well,the bankruptcy petition was approved by the judge and as from 14.30 today we are officialy bankrupt.

Turned up at court about fifteen minutes before our appointment time.We saw the bankruptcy clerk in her office where she went through our forms making the odd alteration.We then swore an oath on the bible before handing over our cash.

We were then ushered into a waiting room where we had to wait some thirty minutes to see the judge.Walked into the judges office where he was perusing our forms.The judge was an old boy and very polite with it.He asked us a few questions,commented on our failed IVA and asked us if our IP was aware what we were doing,at which point we handed him the letter from our IP outlining the reasons for the IVA default.He read the letter,then just said 'OK,both your bankruptcy petitions shall be granted'.We thanked him for his time and had to go back to see the bankruptcy clerk.

She rang the official receiver for us.We were handed the telephone where someone from the OR's office just took a few details and asked us if we had anything that needed urgent attention within seven days.We didn't.

The OR is now going to write to us and inform us of when the interview with them shall be.We don't know wether it will be by telephone or face-to-face yet.We must wait for the letter.I think I'd prefer face-to-face.

We were treated at all times courteously and with utmost respect by all members of the court staff.Even the judge himself appeared sympathetic.

I'm not to sure how I feel at the moment,it's hard to describe.I feel relief but at the same time I know we have much more to do.I'm not too worried about the OR interview because I shall just be honest as I can and hopefully that will suffice.

Regards
NSBS[:)]

PS Thanks for all the well-wishing messages,they certainly help and thanks once again too for all the advice.It has proved invaluable.[;)]

PPS I wasn't quite sure where to add this post so I just carried on with my original post so all the information is there in one piece.If admin want to move it somewhere more suitable then that's fine. [;)]

Sorry,forgot to add,as soon as we got back home,we telephoned Co-Op and opened up a Cashminder account.The opening of the account took no longer than fiften minutes.We will get our details through in 3/4 working days.
Last edited by NotSoBrightSpark on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:06 pm
Hi NSBS

What a poignant post and one which I am sure will prove to be an inspiration to others.

Toady is the beginning of the rest of your life now NSBS ... you more than deserve a fresh start with a debt free future.

I was almost where you now find yourself but Max Recovery (essentially) voted positively for my full and final offer ... it is still all just sinking in ... so expect it will take some time for you as well.

Take care ... and all the best.

Debbie
Debbie

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:18 pm
Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your kind words and good luck to you in your debt free future.

You are right,this is a new beginning.

Take care
NSBS
[;)]

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 pm
Hey NSBS, glad it all went well today, good luck for the future. Your post will hopefully show some members that it isn't all scary. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 pm
Thanks Viki.

The day in court wasn't scary at all.All very professional and polite with it.

I'll be posting on what exactly happens from here on in and hopefully others will find it both informative and helpful to them.I've had plenty of good advice from this site,time to give a little back.

Regards
NSBS [;)]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 pm
I'm glad it went well for you NSBS and good luck for the future x

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:18 pm
Thanks Skippy.

Best of luck to you too.I found your blog very helpful so thank you for that.

Regards
NSBS [;)]

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:34 pm
Keep posting NSBS ... your journey is an inspiration to others ... I've already referred Vicky 11 to your experience today [:)]
http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=5

Debbie
Debbie

NotSoBrightSpark

Post by NotSoBrightSpark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:38 pm
Will do!

NSBS
[;)]
114 posts Page 6 of 8
Return to “postings for july”