Income and expenditure guidelines review

6 posts Page 1 of 1

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:52 pm
I seem to remember reading something about I & E guidelines possibly up for review - anyone heard anything.
Elizabeth

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 pm
The BBA have released new figures this week, and so far as I am aware CCCS are in the process of reviewing theirs as well.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:02 pm
What happens then if new expenses guidelines are produced in the case of annual reviews (or interim if they exist). For example if the amounts on some categories are put lower then "real" expenditure because they are kept to guidelines does this mean there is scope for increasing them. EG - hairdressing the mine says £16 because that is what the allowance is - I can't even get mine cut for that let alone the girls as well. I have to do a lot of presentations and meetings so its a necessity not a nice to do.
Elizabeth

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:04 pm
I still advocate putting down what you actually spend Elizabeth and then letting either the creditors or your IP say that the amount is not acceptable. This is more an issue at the creditors meeting stage rather than annual review stage where the IP has far more discretion.

elizabethr

Post by elizabethr » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:12 pm
I have one or two queries including the hairdressing one. Shall I email Tina/Angela or wait until our meeting (whether thats by phone or in person). My only concern though is that if the expenditure goes up any more it will decrease the amount for creditors. Philip's condition has worsened and is now on more medication so I have today done a pre-paid cert for him on direct debit so that will affect the expenditure for prescriptions, the council tax and water rates are about £5 in total more than I indicated. There is the matter of my salary increase being in July I think so would it be better to absorb these increases from that during the first year or take the increase into account when doing the initial proposal and adjust the expenditure now. Don't want to delay things but want to get it right.

What happens regarding salary increases during the year - do you have to save it and pay it all to the creditors at the review or do you do the 50/50 like overtime. Next years increase won't be very much at all because we did a three year pay deal and we get a pitance which probably won't even cover food prices.

Another thing is - I have just done the Bristol uni round trip and spent £60 on petrol - will have to do the same again to take all the stuff back. What pot does that come out of because I haven't allowed for it.
Elizabeth

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:35 am
Let us know if there are any amendments that you need to make to the expenditure summary we already have from you. When preparing your proposal we will calculate your salary now rather than in the future, and salary increases will be absorbed as the case progresses.

Most people save their 50% uplifts during the year, or send cheques in at regular intervals. We will ask you to confirm your wages each quarter, but don't forget you can keep the first 10% under the new IVA protocol.

There is no pot for exceptional travel - you just need to make sure you make ample provision across the year for these trips.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”