Increased credit limit

2 posts Page 1 of 1

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:00 pm
Hi,

I've been on my self set up DMP for just over a year now, I've kept a credit going with Capital One and owe a few hundred pounds on it, nothing to much and I'm paying them the usual minimum monthly amount, i wanted to keep this card going for emergencies really.

Bearing in mind though that my three major creditors that I have set up the DMP with have presumambly ruined my credit score I was surprised to get a letter from Capital One today saying they have increased my credit limit by £1,000.

I would of thought only paying an agreed reduced amount to three creditors would of sent alarm bells ringing with Capital one but obiviously not. I havn't missed a payment ever to any of my creditors, does that mean my credit history is still okay even though I'm on a DMP?

Anyway thanks for listening :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm
Capital One have probably just increased it in order to encourage you to use the card, they may not even have checked your credit rating, a bit like those of us with a mobile contract who renew every year or so and have no problems doing so.

I would be surprised if your rating was 100%
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”