Info needed please regarding variation meeting.

1 post Page 1 of 1

randomdude

Post by randomdude » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:54 pm
Hi all,
In brief, a couple of months ago, out of the blue, I was unfortunately diagnosed with a serious illness.
I am 3 years into an IVA and since diagnosis have had major surgery, various procedures, hospital stays and appointments.
my IVA is with stepchange and I was paying around £240 a month.
I have been completely transparent and contacted them immediately to let them know the situation, I.E due to the diagnosis, I could not work (recovery from surgery is 6 weeks) and I had no income until benefits were in place, which amount to less than half of my monthly pay,
Stepchange have bombarded me with emails, requesting this info, evidence of this, and documents to sign, they have been relentless yet I have complied every time and even replied from my hospital bed on occasion.
So the upshot is that they agreed to call a variation meeting of creditors, where we would hopefully postpone payments for a year, and add it on to the end as I have further treatment to come. Sounds perfect.
However, today I received an email saying this......

"You may remember, we contacted you about a proposed mass variation. A virtual meeting with creditors was due to take place on 20 December 2022 at 10:00.
Unfortunately, we’ve taken the decision to withdraw this meeting as we could not gain full support from creditors.
You don’t need to take any action and there is no impact on your IVA.

If you feel you need additional financial help, we’re still here for support, and we offer a range of guidance and resources, such as our dedicated cost of living area on our website"

Can someone please explain what this means please...am I expected to continue making £240 payments each month (impossible) or face the IVA failing? the email doesn't give much away so any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou in advance
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”