Insolvency Register

21 posts Page 2 of 2

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:40 pm
To confirm Melanie's advice, yes, if the IVA has not been registered that is more of an issue for the IP and not for you.

Having said that, the DTI is not infallible. I have had some instances where despite banking the cheque for the registration fee the DTI have failed to register a case. On one occasion they refused 2 registrations on the grounds I had not signed the cheques. They duly returned to me 2 unsigned cheques from another firm re different cases which they had registered instead of mine! I have also had cases where the DTI have mis-spelled the clients name when inputting the data.

Given that the legal responsibility is mine and that things can go wrong at the best of times, I tend to pay rather a lot of attention to this register. I would draw the absence of the registration to the IP as it is clear and publicly registered evidence of your protection from creditors.

To answer the original question from rollercoasterride, the most recent IVAs that I have today on the register were approved on 25 March.
Ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk

Robert.9

Post by Robert.9 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 am
been on an iva since 2009,discharged due to been made redundant,but its not showing on the register at all??

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 am
Took me 5 months to appear "up in lights"!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:08 pm
If your IVA has failed Robert then your name won't be on the register anymore.

Mine was on after three weeks.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu May 26, 2011 7:19 pm
My colleague was declared BR on Tuesday and her name is on the register already...lets hope they are so quick off the mark taking it down.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:25 pm
That was quick Julie!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for march”