Insolvency register

23 posts Page 1 of 2

c.j

Post by c.j » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:03 pm
I feel sick. Serves me right really, typed my surname into it and both our names came up only good thing is they havent put my date of birth on but they have my hubby's ha!ha!.just ope nobody i know looks on there for anything as we have an unusual surname, though not the only ones on there.I'm not going to tell hubby though as i dont think he knows this will happen and that anyone can access it, he will only worry and is on anti-depressants already cos of our situation.
Iva finished !

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:09 pm
i've checked ours once and will lok again in 6 years to see if removed
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:11 pm
hi cj

dont worry, i looked on there too after my iva was approved in april!
not going to look again until after my iva completed to make sure names removed! to be honest i wonder if alot of people wont even know the register exists i know i didnt until i started to go through the process of a iva.

good luck, you are on the road to a debt free future!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

tori

Post by tori » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:13 pm
oh,it really is horrible isnt it.i dont think ill be brave enough to look.like you my surname isnt a typical smith or jones ! that register has to be the biggest downside to having an iva.[:(]
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:14 pm
Try to forget your name is there--hard I know. I can't see why friends etc would look on the register. I do however think it shouldn't available for any Tom Dick and Harry to view.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:01 pm
We never knew it existed till we joined this forum. I think the only people likely to find it are those having the same difficulties or those touting for business.

Dont worry.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:02 pm
Don't even think about it. I googled our names and nothing came up for the register. Doubt if anyone I know is aware of it, so it's not really worrying me at the moment
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:05 pm
its even worse for BR you get named & shamed in the local press!

Defo think that access to the register should be restricted though!
its a marathon not a sprint!

I'm out of my mind but please leave a message!

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 pm
I didn't even know it existed untill our recent troubles.Therefore, I doubt others will unless they share similar experiences.It does give a jolt though seeing names there.When I need to punish myself for the mess I still look.Seen it about 4 times now since last Nov.Cat

Maz

Post by Maz » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 pm
I feel the same about the lack of privacy. I did not know it existed until I started the IVA but it's the idea of the address being there that bugs me!! And what makes it worse is that I don't own the address it belongs to someone else as I rent it. I hope the owner doesn't see it. ooops [:I]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:53 pm
Unless he checks the register, and I wouldn't think there would be any reason for him to do this, then he won't see it.

As long as your rent is paid, he shouldn't have a clue.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Maz

Post by Maz » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:06 pm
Yes, thanks Kallis I hope so. But thinking about it I am glad I rent at the moment because if anything goes wrong or breaks down I get it all fixed without any expense from me, all the re-decorating, tiling is done. If I owned my own property I dont know how I could cope with that added expenditure in the IVA ! [:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Yes Maz, I know what you mean -our downstairs is in dire need of repainting, but just can't afford the paint at the moment!
Bob Marley.

Maz

Post by Maz » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:14 pm
Hi Jan

Could you not do it bit by bit, get one room done first, then gradually get more cans of paint over time, I know it's probably difficult on a tight budget and I have just heard now on the news that energy bills are going to get even more expensive that doesn't help! I know I could not cope with the mileage I do for work.

Yes, renting has some advantages as I am getting the whole place re-painted next week, badly needs it! and also the bathroom re-tiled all because I complained as rent went up. Well I cant' complain with that I suppose. Just hope he doesn't read that register!![:D]

Maz

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:04 pm
We probably will, it's just a case of sorting out the colour we want now![:)]
Bob Marley.
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for july”