Insolvency register update after closure

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

lem

Post by lem » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:26 am
Hi again everyone, so Melanie has informed me that hopefully our closure will be finalised by the end of this week, almost 18 months after our full and final, due to delays in PPI investigations etc, it's been a long road but finally getting there.

Can anyone tell me following closure how long it takes for the insolvency service to update the register? I know on their website it says 3 months but does anyone know if it can be fast tracked?

Only reason I ask is that I recently applied for a new job this is a senior nursing position in a secure environment and I have an interview next week, I have discovered that they look at the register as part of the security vetting procedures afterwards and I'm now worried sick that I could potentially be offered this amazing job that would make such a massive difference to after lives after the last 5 years and then be rejected once the vetting has been completed.

I know the iva will stay on our credit file for another year and I'm not bothered about that, it's just what's on the insolvency register

Help!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:31 am
The only real thing that you can do is be honest at the interview/raise the issue before you go to interview.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:01 am
It is normally three months but of course nothing can happen until you get that all important completion letter. If it comes before the vetting then you can always use that but I agree with lifenoteasy that it might be better to tell them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:17 am
Its up to 3 months from when you get your CC - I don't believe you can speed it up in anyway, sorry.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

dand

Post by dand » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:53 am
you cant fast track it unfortunately but from memory after i got my cc i was off the list within a month
F&F Accepted on 12th March 2015!
Completion Cert arrived 26th March 2015!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”