instant step account

19 posts Page 1 of 2

Darkdog

Post by Darkdog » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:19 pm
Hi All,
this only my 3rd post and only just registered, but thought I'd post my experience.
My IP advised a NatWest Step account straight away, the morning after his advice I went into my nearest NatWest, asked to open a step account, spent 15 mins with the manager and walked out with the account open and the account number and sort code. signed me up for internet banking so I can monitor the account on line and also supplying a card reader for the PC for any on line purchase I may need to do. All I needed was my passport, Very simple
Last edited by Darkdog on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
many a mickle makes a muckle ...... if only I hadn't spent all the mickles

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 pm
NatWest are certainly one of the more supportive banks when it comes to customers with financial difficulties, and I also recommend them to my own clients.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 am
That's excellent news Darkdog. An account to add to the Co-op and Yorkshire as being sympathetic to people in an IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:00 pm
I have to say I have a Step account and it does run really well for me, hopefully it'll run smooth for you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Cath

Post by Cath » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm
I would just say that they are part of RBS, so make sure you have no debt with them. I was originally advised to open a NatWest account even though I had a credit card debt with RBS...err on the side of caution, although I loved their internet banking, it literally told you how muh you'd spent, the second you'd spent it!
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:39 pm
That's the only downside of the Co-op as far as I can see, their internet banking isn't instant. I enter everything onto a spreadsheet and keep track of it like that and (touch wood!) it seems to work.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:06 pm
I do agree about the instant online banking, my hubby can go shops and I know what he's spent!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:18 pm
[:D][:D][:D]

Mine wouldn't dare do anything money wise without clearing it with me first!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:31 pm
I can believe that Jan!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:48 pm
He reckons the alarm bells start ringing when the money goes into his pocket!
Bob Marley.

lancsman1

Post by lancsman1 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:24 pm
Hi all i too would certaly recomend Natwest went in explained been in an iva for 4 yrs and was told not a problem.opened a step account job done no hassle.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:52 pm
I like my Natwest Step Account and will imagine this will be kept open post IVA x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:58 pm
We have kept our full Barclays account open as they are not one of hubby's creditors, and this will be the one we use post IVA.

Nationwide are ok but still a cashpoint card and waiting for the new card - be surprised if it ever turns up!
Bob Marley.

deb.ml

Post by deb.ml » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 pm
Hi Dardog,
Just wanted to say that I opened a Natwest Step Account at start of IVA, now 12 months in it has been the best account and the card reader etc makes internet banking easy. I just wanted to say I owe RBS credit card but have never worried about that affecting my Natwest a/c.
Deb
IVA started Sept 09. Glad to be on the way to being debt free

CashClown

Post by CashClown » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 pm
We recently applied to Nat west for a Step Account using the on-line service, after reading comments on here and other forums. They sent us through a welcome pack very quickly and did not ask for any proof of ID, just our signatures to open the account.

We then received a letter asking us for copies of bank statements, name and addresses of employers, copy pay slips etc etc. I called and was advised taht since the income quoted was reasonably high we would have to prove the income. I was told that even though we required no credit and this is a basic account, a full credit check had been carried out and they required this proof of income to open the account.

I asked them to close the application as we are not signed up to an IVA yet and we need to get a new account urgently without our current bank finding out. However, we receive a reminder by email almost daily that ssys our account is ready and waiting foir us - please send the signed documents back!

I do not think I would want an account with them anyway, but it just goes to show that the response of different banks varies enormously.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”