Interview on Tuesday next week

45 posts Page 1 of 3

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 pm
Got my interview next week at court. Going with my partner and to be honest we are both very nervous as you would expect

What sort of questions am i going to be asked and am i going to be talked to as a 'naughty boy' so to speak.

Anyone who has gone through this proceedure before i would really appreciate your input

thanks
Last edited by Navydog on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:42 pm
Nothing to ne nervous about - all they will need to look at is whether you have completed your forms properly. Don't forget that you go to Court as a customer, so there will be no "naughty boy" talk.

Others cam share their own personal experiences with you which will be helpful.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 pm
Thanks Mel,

what decides on the day if you see the judge or not?

Would be very interested in others opinions

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:06 pm
I think it depends on the court - they all have different procedures. If you do have to see the judge it's not as bad as you might think - when I saw the judge he looked at the paperwork, asked if I'd taken advice, signed the order and wished me luck.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 pm
Hi - with us, hubby saw the clerk at the appointed time. She was lovely, went through the paperwork to make sure everything was in order. Then he went in to see the judge who just asked if he had taken advice from anyone and that was it. In the courtroom for all of 2 minutes.

We had to go back to the clerk's office where the OR office called just to confirm what bank account hubby had and value of property. Then a date was arranged for the OR's office to call hubby to go through income & expenditure.

I can understand you being nervous, I was a wreck...but thats the not knowing and thinking all horrible things.

It really was a painless task and everyone was so supportive.

Hope that helps xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:16 pm
Good luck on Tuesday Navydog. Hope it goes OK.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm
I appreciate that thankyou.

Would like people with experience to suggest questions that will be asked. I like to be a bit preped lol

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:33 pm
Have a look at some of the blogs Navydog,and even though its hard not to get stressed try not to let it get to you. You are probably doing the best thing to get you out of a big hole!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 pm
I was asked what I spent my loans on, but nothing was said about my credit cards.

If the examiner asks you something and you don't know the answer tell them that, they will understand. Answer all the questions truthfully (I don't think for one minute that you wouldn't!) and make your answers to the point.

Good luck for tomorrow x
Last edited by Skippy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:58 pm
Hubby wasn't asked abut his debts in the court - just went through the statement of affairs to make sure it was in order.

They will ask if you've taken advice on going bankrupt and who gave you the advice.

You'll be fine - good luck xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 pm
I'm sorry, I misread your post - I thought it was your OR interview tomorrow! Good luck at court x

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 pm
Hello everyone. cant explain how gratefull we are to have people offering us advice during this time.

Questions that the OR will ask was my next question. by the sounds of it tomorrow is just the formality and the OR interview is the hard part so to speak. what do they ask?

Also am i right in thinking that after the court tomoz i am officially bankcrupt? head in a bit of a mess and just double checking

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:18 pm
You will be officially bankrupt and debt free when you walk out of the court.

You should have a little chat with the OR tomorrow and they will then make arrangements to have the proper meeting.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 pm
As soon as the judge declares you bankrupt - thats it, its official. You will be BR for 12 months but in some cases you can get early discharge after 6 months.

The OR interview is to go through your income & expenditure, see what assets you have, pensions etc. That may be a phonecall or you may have to go for a face to face interview.

Get the court hearing out of the way, then ask away about the next step....try not to think too far ahead as your brain will get frazzled.

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 pm
too right Julie lol

thats great news thanks(well not great but you know what i mean)

Well i will update this tomoz after. thanks for input tonight and i will be back picking your brains in few days im guessing
45 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “bankruptcy”