Interview on Tuesday next week

45 posts Page 3 of 3

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am
Thanks everyone :D

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:02 pm
Congratulations from me too. You will not have much time to post here for a while as little Oscar will take up so much of your time. Well worth it though.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 pm
There is nothing so magic as babies. OR interviews are insignificant compared to baby smiles. It'll be fine - but even if it isn't - afterwards, go home and your baby will sort you out.
JB

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 pm
Hello everyone.

Just an update. Had my interview by phone last Friday. Have to say they are brilliant. Looks like i can keep home and car due to negative equity and needing car for work.
They looked nicely onto us and im going to be better off now than i thought i would be.

Oscar is doing great but we havent slept for a few days now though lol

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 pm
Great news Navydog. The sleep thing will get better. We have a little girl of less than 5 months and she has been sleeping through the night for the last couple of months.

Maybe you are lucky you have a boy because when I mentioned to a colleague about disturbed sleep he remarked' Just think, one day you will have a teenage daughter and you will get no sleep at all!'
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 pm
Ooohh yes, I certainly know THAT particular feeling....

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:38 pm
Hello everyone. Really sorry its taken this long to get back to you but in all honesty its hard work.

Oscar is now 6.5 months and doing great. Amazing is all i can say

The OR was great also in the interview.

I managed to keep the property as it was in -ve equity and also the car as it wasnt deemed worth taking.
We have now bought back our share of the property also for £2+ solicitors fees.

Ive been paying Moonbeaver the money i was told to, i also have the Nil tax code. I have been sending my pay slips off for about 6 months now and they still havent given me the amount to pay them for tax. Ive been putting it to 1 side what i thought i should be paying but its getting a bit of a joke not being told.(many phone calls and emails)

Im hoping to be released from BR soon so fingers crossed.

I have a question about mortgages though lol. With the baby now we would like to get a place with a garden in the future. how hard i it to get a mortgage after BR?

Hope your all well

Navydog

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 pm
Glad to hear that you are all well - you will find it incredibly difficult to get a mortgage unless you have a substantia deposit to put down, and the interest rates will be very penal.

Given that you have accomodation provided by your employers, I would stick with that as they ought to come with gardens - at least all of the ones that I lived in did!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am
Hello
elanie. Only seemed like yesterday when i was sitting there with you, all worried. Things worked out well as you told me. [:D]

Im still living in my own flat. We have contemplated moving into a married quarter but they are smaller than my flat although you do get a garden. My main worry is that if i get off the property ladder now, im very unlikely in the next 10 years to get back on.
Last edited by Navydog on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:23 am
Could you rent out the flat and move back into quarters?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:38 am
An idea i was considering but when we bought the flat we used a tax free loan from the Navy. LSAP. The OR was very kind and didnt mind about this loan so work never found out about the BR. There is a written rule that if you sell you property you have to pay it back but there are loop holes which im working on.

Due to this loan im not sure if the Navy would give me a property. I have thought about transfering the property to my parents etc but not sure how this would effect me while BR as i technically wouldnt have a mortgage in their eyes would i?

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 am
good luck navy dog hope all goes well for you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 am
Can't believe how old Oscar is now - doesn't time fly!

I hope you get things sorted.

If it's not too long until discharge, could you not hang on until then?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Navydog

Post by Navydog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:48 am
Oh yes time flies when your not sleeping haha.

I will not be applying for a mortgage untill discharge.
When i am discharged this means i am no longer BR doesn't it? I know i continue to pay moonbeever the set amount for 3 years total.

I was wondering about selling property, although i will not get anything back from it money wise, i will break even i believe.

if i sell flat and go into married quarters i will be about £500 better off a month. Will i need to tell the OR this after discharge? I'm sure they will want to take a chunk. This is why im reluctant to leave my flat as i will lose home and also lose the money i would be saving for the next house. I understand i'm BR and owe monies back but i hope you see where im coming from.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 am
Once you are discharged, then you are no longer BR.

As far as I am aware, you can sell your house if you wish.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
45 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “bankruptcy”