IP has advised against paying to cover potential claims so that we can start rebuilding our lives.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Lukedd50

Post by Lukedd50 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 am
Hi ! I need some advice. My partner and I entered into an IVA back in 2009 and have now finished all our monthly payments. My partner received her completion letter but I have received a letter of variation due to a dispute regarding 1 PPI claim. I emailed our IP asking if I could make an additional payment to cover any potential claim but he advised against this. What shall I do, I have read that PPI disputes could take a year plus? I want closure now and to start rebuilding our lives.
Many thanks.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. Not sure of a definitive answer but hopefully an expert may advise. As I understand it you must wait for the PPI to be settled before the completion can be issued. Hoping it doesn't take to long to settle though and you are freed from the IVA soonest.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am
Hi

A number of companies have been issuing completion certificates even if PPI is still outstanding. You might need to sign a deed of assignment to allow it to happen.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 am
Hi

It is wrong that you have to delay your completion due to PPI claims, ask your IP for a CC on the understanding that any future PPI claims are to be distributed between your creditors

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:29 am
Many firms manage to close with PPI ongoing, some take an assignment, others rely on the ongoing Trust created by the arrangement.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lukedd50

Post by Lukedd50 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:30 pm
Thanks for your advice, I have another couple of questions - My IVA will be at its 6 year mark in April 2015 and having received a letter stating I have completed all payments but waiting on a PPI dispute to close does this mean I don't need to declare any windfalls such as a company bonus which I could receive in April or do I need to submit in to the IVA? As I will be passing the 6 year mark will the IVA still remain on my credit file even without a completion certificate? My IP has just informed me he has arranged a creditors meeting to submit a variation due to the PPI what does this mean?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 pm
You will need to declare windfalls (lottery wins, inheritances) but should not need to declare work related income ( overtime, bonus payments).

The IVA will remain past the 6 year mask if not completed, but will then drop of almost right away.

Sounds like he is asking for permission to close the IVA with the PPI claim outstanding.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Lukedd50

Post by Lukedd50 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:06 am
My IVA has now completed and the 6year mark is in April 2015. I have checked my credit file's on the three credit companies and the dates of the defaults don't match when the IVA started some as much as 8 months past the original IVA start date. I have spoken with the credit reference agencies who said I need to contact the creditors to make the amends. I have since spoken to 3 of my previous creditors who said I need to speak to the credit reference agency to make the amends along with a completion certificate. I have now spoken to my IP who said they have no control of my credit file that's down to me. Going around and around and not sure what I should do. Please can someone advise me who is correct and how I should proceed? Many thanks.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:52 am

back on track

Post by back on track » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am
its rubbish that you have been told to contact the credit reference agency's to put your credit rating right.they(cra)can only put on your file what the creditors tell them to do when they update every month.just been through this and by my experience the credit agencys are all but toothless when it comes to changing anything.you must tell your former creditors to put correct dates down and send them a copy of your cc to back it up.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 am
Fundamental requirement of the Data Protection Act that all information is accurate - that is the primary reason that you are allowed access to your data - to ensure that it is correct and allow the person holding the data to amend it if required.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”