IP help

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Desperate71

Post by Desperate71 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 pm
This year we have found that we can no longer continue with minimum paymnets to creditors so they have all received a letter and a reduced payment two of them are now ringing us. In trying to find the answer I have come across IVA and now have 3 companies contacting me with their help (so more calls/emails)but it seems they take two months money as a set up fee no guarnatee we will be accepted and creditors receive nothing for 2 months. Apparently there are other companies who do not charge up front. Please help I don't know where to go now[:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 pm
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that you speak to one or two more companies. There are a lot out there who don't take upfront payments.

If you visit www.iva.com you will find a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring and make sure you ask about upfront payments and if you make them and are not accepted, will you get the money refunded.

Your creditors won't receive any money straight away as the first few months are your IP fees. This is perfectly normal.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:32 pm
Nothing to add really apart from the professionals who post on forum do come highly recommended and their details can be found either through the link Jan poster or the experts link.

All the best x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm
If you prefer to choose an insolvency practitioner who charges you two payments up front - then so long as these are fully refundable if the IVA does not proceed in principle there is nothing wrong with this. Other firms will not charge, but this does not mean that you get a better or worse standard of service. I would try a few firms out to compare the advice and options they provide you with.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 pm
Good luck desperate71.....take the advice given, remembering that you do not have touse a company that requests upfront payments.

At the end of the day, its about chosing a company that you feel confident with.

xx
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “who would you recommend?”