IPA Payments!! Help!

25 posts Page 1 of 2

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:02 pm
Hi all, sorry haven't posted for a while, have changed service provider and it's been hell! But I'm back - but with major problem!!! The OR is insisting on using my previous months payslips to calculate my IPA payments. However, during the months of
July and August I did some overtime, (which I explained this overtime is neither guaranteed or regular and these two months are the only two months this year that I have worked overtime!). And now they are saying that I have a disposable income of £275 and they want £162 per month. But in reality my normal wages are £1747 per month with outgoings of £1691, leaving me with just £56 disposable income. What am I going to do? I know that I can't afford this payment but they are demanding that I sign the form and return it asap so they can set the payment up. If I have to pay £162 then I'll find myself in the same situation as before, ie robbing Peter to pay the IPA. It'll be a case of deciding which bill not to pay that month and very soon I'll end up in the mire again! Anyone any suggestions as to what to do?? I've contacted the OR twice and written my concerns but it's falling on deaf ears and they are insisting that their calculations are correct. Hope everyone's ok, I've missed you all!!! [:)]

zoe

Post by zoe » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:05 pm
I would suggest you put in writing with a copy of your payslip.
Your IPA has the clause if your income goes up or down to notify them straight away and they will adjust.
Hope this helps
Z
x

Zoe
x
Keep your chin up - everything happens for a reason!
View my blog http://zoes.blogs.iva.co.uk/

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:13 pm
Hi Zoe, they have had my entire years payslips together with a letter explaining that these 2 months were exceptional - but they are still insisting on using them to get an average.

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:25 pm
brassic i agree with zoe, donot sign that ipa form if you donot agree with it, what they will then do is apply to the courts for it to be set through your wages and you will have the chance again to say that you can't afford the amount as it was down to 2 months overtime which is not guarenteed, hopefully it won't come to going to court, but ask to speak to the top person and say can i come and see you again so we can go over these figures together, whats to say if you gave up work, they wouldn't get the ipa then, not that i am suggesting you do.
hope you work it out.
kerri

Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:33 pm
Cheers Kerri, I think I'll just have to write to them again - phoning is a waste of time - they just churn out the usual garbage!!!! Feels like i'm taking 2 steps forward and 6 backwards! I knew going BR wouldn't be easy but it just feels like i'm going to end up back at square 1 accumulating debts and owing money left right and center. it does say in the letter that if for some reason I can't make the payment I should phone them immediately with the reason - so perhaps I should sign the form, send it back then when they make the first request for payment, phone them and say I can't afford it! It's all just stressing me out so much, I'm trying to get back on my feet but this is knocking me over again.

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:44 pm
Anyway, having looked over my figures I don't know how the hell they have got to their figures!!! I get paid every 4 weeks (not monthly) so on 29 June I got paid £1621.80, on 27 July 1730.33 and 24 August 1948.45, but they have come to an average monthly figure of £2142?! How do I calculate my average monthly takehome based on these figures?

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:17 pm
I really do feel for you, I am just keeping my head down at the moment but our OR is hell-bent on getting his IPA of £100 per month, even though he has got our surplus income at about £85 at the moment!

There is no way we will sign an IPA so it will have to go to court if he wants to pursue it! We have not heard anything for a while, I just dread the post every day! We just feel sometimes that we are being unfairly treated , there is another issue with some transactions on our bank account he is not at all happy with, (we had a lot of expenses recently but it was not credit we spent, it was our wages for essential items) so I would not be too surprised if a BRU/O will come our way!

But so be it, we took the drastic step of going bankrupt to get away from these overwhelming debts, yes, it is our mess and I accept responsibility for them but we expected to at least be allowed a decent standard of living or we will be back to square one again if he gets his IPA as we will not have enough to live on!

If I were you I would write again, saying you are not happy with signing the form and the reasons why and let them take it to court.

lily

Post by lily » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:43 pm
brassic

Thay cant do maths, how can you have an average of more than your three wage slips, it dosent make sense to me at all. You would divide those figures by 4 to get a weekly amount then add them together and divide by 3 to get the average then x 52 divide by 12 to get an average monthly amount I make that

JUNE 1621.80 405.45

JULY 1730.33 432.58

AUG 1948.45 478.11

(ADD TOTAL WEEKLY DIVIDE BY 3)

=AVERAGE WEEKLY (1325.14 ) = 441.71

441.71 TIMES 52 DIVIDE BY 12 -average monthly wage.

= 1914.09 (AVERAGE MONTHLY WAGE)

How do they get their figures????

Does any one else agree or am I losing the plot??? I do have a degree but not in maths.........

lily
Last edited by lily on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:09 pm
Welcome back Brassic! I can't add anything to what the others have said, but I would definitely not sign the IPA form. If it has to go to court I have heard that the courts tend to be more generous than to OR, but I don't know how true this is.

Good luck!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:47 pm
Come into the office and we will speak to them for you.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:02 pm
Cheers everyone! I came to the same calculation Lily, so if you're losing the plot, i lost it long ago!! Thank you Melanie, I'll try and pop into the office tomorrow, although I haven't got any of my wage slips as the OR has them all!!!! Once again, many thanks everyone - since being offline I've felt a bit of a billy no mates!!! So glad to be back!!!

lily

Post by lily » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 pm
I have just checked it out with my son, this lad is a genius when it comes to maths. Anyway he agreed with me also.

He asked 'are you telling the forum place about me'?? I said no son but I do need you to solve this.

lily
lily

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Thanks Lily, as usual you are a gem! And Melanie I won't be able to pop in today, would it be ok if I popped into your office on Monday? Many thanks.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:22 pm
Monday is fine - both Suzanne and I are in all day.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:21 pm
Sorry to bang on about this but I'm really worried about it - since going BR in August I haven't worked any overtime - but surely the OR shouldn't take into the overtime that I did in the summer as it's not guaranteed or regular? I can't possibly say when or if I will next work overtime - plus even if I do do overtime, the hours vary - sometimes 9/10hours other shifts can be 7 hours. Would it be possible to say do a review every few months and if I have worked overtime I could pay the OR say 50% of it as you would in an IVA?
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “bankruptcy”