IS ANYBODY GOING TO GO THOUGH THIS AGAIN

61 posts Page 2 of 5

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:09 pm
maybe 50/50 even though my iva meeting is coming up i still keep been offered credit i told them to get lost and never phone me up again and that was mbna and also morgan stanley and capital one i think lots of us are falling into the trap and living beyond our means

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:11 pm
Agreed but sometimes circumstances lead us into the mess. Its not always greed. The main thing is, we have faced up to it and are all now in one way or another trying to deal with best we can.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:14 pm
hopefully will be debt free in 60 months or less

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:53 pm
I also had letters offering me loans and credit cards...but if you was to fill them in and send them off they would be declined. So they are not really an offer just junk mail.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:02 pm
at this time bagpuss i am on the dmp i told my manager about this and he told me not to fill any of those forms out for credit cards as if the creditors find out the will reject these offers made to them and then they will take legal action to recover the money you owe them

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:19 pm
The only credit that I intend to have is a mortgage (if necessary) and car finance as I doubt I will be able to buy a car with cash!

Can I just say that I agree with Skint - these people are doing a job. I have done jobs I have hated to pay the bills, and I have worked in a call centre so I know how hard it is. Yes, the creditors make it too easy to get into debt, but I don't remember any of them twisting my arm behind my back until I agreed to take the money.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:21 pm
i got one today bagpuss a morgan stanley credit card letter i just put it in the bin

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

lily

Post by lily » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:26 pm
Walk down this road again, in a word NO. Having credit doesnt mean we have to though does it? I had credit for years before I came down hell st. Its like a wild dog, if you tether it and use it only when you need to such as a car or house but for all the things we kid ourselves we 'need' it will bite you on the ass, and dont we know it.

lily
lily

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:28 pm
good point lily but even having virgin tv or sky tv and internet and contract mobiles and back accounts and gas + ele is credit

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:05 pm
what is not crecit today fresh air is not

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:08 pm
Hi
All the above may require a credit check but are not seen as taking credit and are allowed in an IVA.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:09 pm
We are learning a very valuable lesson in what we need as opposed to what we want.

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:10 pm
Credit is a very good thing if used properly....
A lot of the time it is not living beyond your means and wanting the latest everything that puts you in debt but a change in circumstances eg redundancy, having a family, etc.
I am finding the creditors calling (they have only just started to do this as only one month behind) the most distressing thing about being in debt.
I have always had 2 jobs and recently lost one suddenly and realised very quickly that I would not be able to meet my payments. I know the creditor telphone operators are only doing their jobs and some have been very understanding, but others are just downright rude. I rang to update my phone numbers when I realised I was going to be in trouble with my fax line and mobile. The fax they can ring away at all day if they like and the mobile I can ignore calls if I choose. I am going to phone them all and update them regularly of my situation as my (hopefully succesful!!!) journey towards an iva continues, because if it is unsuccesful I will need to be speaking to them all again to try and come to a solution
Must say it is a godsend I found this site as I have not confided to anyone about my situation and am totaly alone. My parents are not in the best of health, so don't want to worry them and I am a bit ashamed to tell any friends - although I think the would be supportive.
i am so hoping my iva is succesful as it will teach me to budget for 5 years and by the end I would be so used to living without credit, it would be a breeze.
I feel lucky that i am single with no children as it must be so hard if you have children to put a brave face on things and remain positive
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:10 pm
JP i have both sky tv and a BT landline and i have been i my IVA 3 years.

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:12 pm
As for gas and electric, i only get what i pay for so not really credit.

61 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “postbag for september”