IS ANYBODY GOING TO GO THOUGH THIS AGAIN

61 posts Page 3 of 5

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:13 pm
andy can i say something if say i was i a iva and was 12 months into it and i needed a contract mobile phone could i not have one because of the iva without going though my ip first

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:22 pm
Hi
Well generally you are not allowed to take credit above £200 apart from utilities.Whether a mobile is classed as utilities is debatable.I would think that it won,t be a problem but would advise speaking with your IP.
regards
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:28 pm
andy all i was told by the ip who saw me is as long as you can aford it you can have it but no credit cards or loans but he did say you could find it hard to get one but you can try any thoughts on that andy

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:01 am
absolutly JOHNPAUL i wouldnt advise anyone to fill them in....Just that as people are saying its crazy to be recieving them, they are not real offers of credit anyway cos IF you did apply they WOULD be refused.

About mobile phones...i didnt even realise that having a phone on contract was credit...doh !!...i tried about 6 months after my IVA finished and was refused, so i just stick to pay as you go.
Last edited by bagpuss on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:07 am
hi bagpuss if i had filled it in they could have given more more credit and more debt to worry about my creditors would have rejected the offers made and would take legal action agaist me

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 am
Confused...? sorry dont take much...LOL

How come they could have given you more credit...? wouldnt you already be registered as default and so future lenders reject..?

I totally understand about the getting into trouble with your IP/ manager. But dont get how you could get further credit..?

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:17 am
hi bagpuss if you are on the dmp program which i am on right now they still send out 3rd party credit card letters
one more thing bagpuss i open a new bank account last week with barclays and natwest just to be on the safe side before my iva meeting and guess what barclays gave me a credit card with 3.5k credit limit on it i did not want it even though i had defaults they still gave it to me i have had it come yesterday i put it in the safe it can stay in there forever

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 am
Johnpaul, i would suggest you cut that card up straight away. 5 years is a long time and you dont know what circumstances could crop up and tempt you to use it.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:21 am
thats how easy it it to get credit bagpuss even natwest offered me one with 5k limit i told them i dont want one they understood while barclays just give it to you
and one more thing bagpuss barclaycard are geting funny about people in ivas now if you do a iva or do a ccj or bankrupt you cant never have a credit card with them and even after you finsh your iva or ccj or bankrupt they wont give you one

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:22 am
hi skint i cut the card up today at 9am

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

pippa

Post by pippa » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:23 am
John paul

I can only reiterate Skints comment and advise you to cut the card up. You can not have additional credit whilst in an IVA so why keep it?

Pippa

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:25 am
hi pippa i cut it up thismorning in front of my mum and dad

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:28 am
We have all run into problems at some point during our IVA where a credit card would have come in handy but lets face it, its these things that got us here in the first place. Although i havent enjoyed relying on family when my litle boy chews the sleeves off his school jumper, they havent minded. Thank god for my mum.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:33 am
the thing i am saying though skint is that barclays did not ask me if i wanted it i must have passed they credit checks and a card came i said to my mum i never asked for this she was going to phone barclaycard up as i am in debt and that why give this to mu son i told my mum lets cut it up and forget about it i will tell barclaycard in 5 years time if they say yes to my iva i lost the card

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:33 am
I am gobsmacked...although the bit about barclay card never giving credit again after IVA ect is pleasing to hear IMO.

I have been out of my IVA for nearly 2 years and my bank wouldnt even give me a temp overdraft of £50 a couple of months ago to cover a direct debit. I only needed it for 2 days as then the wages would be paid in, but they said a firm NO.....and like i said before i couldnt even get a contract phone.

Sorry i dont know much about DMP, i guess its different credit wise then from IVA. Rest assured that once your IVA happens you can have peace of mind that these things will no longer happen.
61 posts Page 3 of 5
Return to “postbag for september”