IS ANYBODY GOING TO GO THOUGH THIS AGAIN

61 posts Page 4 of 5

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:40 am
its on there web site when you apply for a credit card bagpuss some even though you completed a iva or ccj or bankrupt they will not give you one
the only place you will get one from is natwest or lloyds tsb or capiatal one or egg
the iva will come of your credit file soon bagpuss can i ask when did your iva begain will lasts for 6 years on your credit file then gets taken of have you checked your credit file at all to see if your creditors were happy and marked you of as paid

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

bagpuss

Post by bagpuss » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:47 am
Our IVA was finished nearyly 2 years ago so we have about another 4 years on the credit file before they come off. I have checked about 3 times since and Yes i am glad to say that everything is showing as settled and satisfied. I really dont mind if it stays on there forever as i have no interest in credit at all, the only reason i will be happy when the 4 years is up is so i can get a better mortgage rate with a high street lender.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:54 am
i think it will be 4 years bagpuss before you can have any type of credit can i give you a tip from now keep all of your bills upto date the the form of direct debits and let your iva settle down for i say 2 years after coming of your credit file then it should be ok
regarding contract mobiles you should have no problem getting one go to
www.virginmobile.com
they will give you a contract phone a mate of mine did it and hes doing a iva and had no problems getting it

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Maz

Post by Maz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:45 pm
I am really happy not to have any Credit Cards!! Hopefully this IVA will be a lesson in budgeting and i will never have to rely on MBNA or the others for money ever again! I am not so sure about loans as I could always manage them OK but its the CCs that did the damage - i was living off them for every day expenses for ages. But then I am single and have no children just myself to look after I can't complain too much about the situation - yet!!!

I am a bit confused about mobile phone contracts though? I have had a contract with Vodaphone for the last 4 years now and does this mean that they will not renew it next year because I doing an IVA?

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:23 pm
Hi Maz....im with Vodaphone and have had a contract all through my IVA...provided you just renew im pretty sure they wont credit check you..its only if you change to another network you might have problems!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:50 pm
I am with Vodafone and they renewed my contract and upgraded my phone when I was in my IVA last December. They also know I am BR and seem happy for me to keep my contract with them.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:40 pm
hi there maz you will be fine skippy is right you will be able to upgrade it but you could find it hard to get another contract phone while on a iva depends which provider it is and if they have a poilcy about people in ivas a mate of mine maz is doing a iva hes not in is 13th month of it and its painful hes says but anyway needed a contract mobile phone he tryed orange went though credit checks and they said no to him he tryed network 3 went though credit checks and again they said no but then went to virgin mobile went though credit checks and they said yes he can have one
but beware maz if you ditch it might find it hard to get one and if you cany get one you might have to pay it into your iva money

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:42 pm
jpj i think only virgin mobile and o2 will accept people doing ivas if you want a contract mobile phone

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:39 pm
Go into somewhere like Phones 4 U or Carphone Warehouse - they have access to all the major service providers so if you don't mind explaining the situation they might be able to help.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:42 pm
hi skippy i think somebody in this forum whos doing a iva went into the carphonewarehouse and he looked at a contract phone on o2 and went though credit checks and they said ok even told them about his iva but he changed is mind about the phone

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Maz

Post by Maz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:50 pm
Thanks for this info. It looks like I will have to stick with Vodaphone for the next 5 years - not that i mind this as long as they don't mind keeping me on contract.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:51 pm
hi maz vodaphone will be fine about it as long as you pay for it each month by direct debit and dont miss any payment then you will be ok

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:59 pm
Vodafone are fine, and they didn't mind me cancelling the direct debit when I was having problems with my bank account. Dave paid by credit card for me and they didn't charge me any extra for not using DD.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:07 pm
i am on network 3 skippy on contract due to upgrade it soon can i say skippy if you can upgrade your phone would creditors want that money as well and class that as a windfall i can get £100 for my phone i have now

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:13 pm
If you don't sell the phone I don't see how it can be classed as a windfall.

61 posts Page 4 of 5
Return to “postbag for september”