is it legal to be chased for money after br

21 posts Page 2 of 2

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 pm
When I had a problem with Littlewoods calling me I asked for the address of the department to send a copy of my BR order and sent it to them myself. I never heard from them again. I know it's the OR's job to do this, but I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible.

I hope you get this sorted out x

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 pm
Even if you know youre no longer responsible for the debt it sends shivers, and dont they always call when the snounty neighbour pops round to see if you have the same tea pot?

Its not fair and your OR should be doing something about it. These people should at least know the harrasment laws and the legal protection of BR and IVA. You need to put this in writing and mention the laws to them regarding harrasment, stick a copy of your BR papers in with it and tell them in no uncertain terms you will have their ass if it doesnt stop. They are not exactly little league in the financial world are they? Time for them to get some education, me thinks, this is not the time for extortion. They have 8 weeks to respond to your complaint.

Good luck
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:53 pm
The OR's office is absolutely there to deal with creditors from whom you have been discharged. I am sure that they will have written to the bank, but occasionally letters do get misplaced - so they need to perhaps write again on your behalf.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Wizzard

Post by Wizzard » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:20 am
If it gets really bad SJW then consider changing your phone number ... it costs nothing and takes 24 hours.
Mind you I have to admit getting calls on MY new number from debt collection agencies chasing the previous holder of the number when I first got it. [:)][:)]
When I was young I was called a rugged individualist
When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric
Here I am doing and saying the same things I did back then and now I'm labelled senile

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:53 am
I agree Ray, at least they can't phone you then.

Fancy the previous holder of your number being in trouble!!!!!! At least it's not you they are chasing!

Obviously they had the same idea![:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:57 am
The exact same thing happened to me, I was called constantly by capquest for someone who lived in something walk. To be fair though, I did it to someone else, who got my old number.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”