Is it ok to continue using my HSBC Bank account.

2 posts Page 1 of 1

spark

Post by spark » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:50 am
I have a Bank Account with HSBC, THat I had long before the IVA, I told HSBC about this to see if they would let me keep the account, the response was they close accounts for many reasons they dont see why an IVA would be a reason, however on here a lot of people in the pas have suggested HSBC do, but most these posts were from a long time ago, is HSBC ok now with people keeping their accounts when they have an IVA obviously I dont owe them any money. I do have other bank accounts I just wanted to know about HSBC.

Appreciate any help.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 am
Personally I would not keep using an HSBC account. As you say, historically, they have, with alarming regularity, closed accounts, without notice, when a customer has enetered an IVA.
I would say that, over, maybe, the last year or so, these reports have diminished to only the odd one here and there.

If you are comfortable that you could manage without access to bank funds for a week while they refund you the account balance then all well and good. I would suggest making one of your other accounts the main centre of business, just in case.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”