Is it possible to go for another iva ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

tina

Post by tina » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:01 pm
hi, I had an iva which i cancelled due to the company i was with had misled me in alot of ways and as such the person who i dealt with lost his job. Is it possible to go for another iva and can any1 recommend a reliable company please?

LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:09 pm
I assume the IVA propsal did not go ahead?
Have a look at www.iva.com and you will find reviews for different companies on there. Melanie Giles who posts regulary on here comes highly recommended.
Steve.

IVA approved!

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 pm
Once you have made a decision o nwho you may want to use, it would be in your interests to mention this previous arrangement at the earliest practicable moment.

I would make all the correspondence and reports issued in respect of your previous arrangement available to your chosen IP.

The unfortunate thing here is that it is going to be considered as a second IVA. As such you are going to have to disclose as much information to your creditors in the proposal as you feel comfortable with. Your creditors have to be convinced that the second IVA has a chance of being successful and there is more chance of that if they are given a full picture. That's why your selected IP is going to want and need to know everything. He / she will want to know how the previous supervisor reported the previous failed arrangement to creditors in order that he /she can determine how best to present your second proposal.
Tell it like it is.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:38 pm
Did you have an IVA which failed - or merely an IVA which was in preparation which you decided not to continue with?

If the former, as Cybus rightly points out, your new IP will be very concerned to understand what led to the failure, so that they can justify a new application. It is not easy, but I have done IVAs in similar circumstances on a few occasions and at the end of the day if it represents the best option for your creditors they will support it.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”