is there anything I can do?

35 posts Page 3 of 3

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:11 pm
Hi Guys

I phoned payplan this morning to seek advise of yesterdays events, I have just recieved a call back from my advisor who is really sympathetic and really easy to talk to. She stated that she was going to make an urgent call to head office about this individual to prevent any further upset. She also said as Dominic and scaredkez rightly pointed out that creditors are not allowed to cause distress and make false threats and I do have a right to complain. She is sending me out forms for this purpose and she doubts if this woman will darken my doorstep or my life again.

By the tone of her voice she was quite angry. Also she said that all of the information had been passed off to the creditors and my phone has been very quiet now more a couple of days.

So tonight I will sleep, finally managing to see a gimmer of light on this long dark journey. A little peace and respite which will be most welcome.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

jannette92

Post by jannette92 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 am
I thought this was a brilliant post. I have printed it off in case we do get harrassed. Although at the moment we feel better at answering as we feel we can at least say we are entering an IVA whereas before we used to agree to pay whatever they asked and then end up in the situation we are.

Thanks ever so much for all this good advice I have printed it off so my husband can read through it all tomorrow as he is the one who has the debts and they phone him.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:04 pm
Lilly next time she does this to you get your mobile out and ring 999 (Or has that been change as well?) or say you are, especially if she is on your property.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:10 pm
What they are doing amounts to harrassment and there are laws covering this use them.

http://www.harassment-law.co.uk/

s1 Prohibition of harassment.

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct-

(a) which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(1A) A person must not pursue a course of conduct -
(a) which involves harassment of two or more persons, and
(b) which he knows or ought to know involves harassment of those persons, and
(c) by which he intends to persuade any person (whether or not one of those mentioned above)-
(i) not to do something that he is entitled or required to do, or
(ii) to do something that he is not under any obligation to do

(2) For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to or involves harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to or involved harassment of the other.

(3) Subsection (1) or (1A) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows-

(a) that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b) that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

(c) that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:18 pm
Dominic

I advised payplan of the events concerning this individual, she made a call and sent me a complaint form, I have not had any hassle from her since, I didnt know about this law, but its a fantastic thing to know. Thanks.

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.
35 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”