Is there anything I should be doing as I feel like I'm being led down the garden path & conned ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 2 of 2

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Normally wage increases are not taken into account until the review and form the basis of payments going forward after allowing for increased costs of living. You normally do not need to disclose payrises until the review time so you need to speak with your IP and get a full review. It is possible that you have been overcharged and not given the proper allowances so this needs to be checked in line with the terms of your proposal.

Contact your IP directly and if you want the current CCCS/Stepchange guidelines please email me and I will send them to you when I am back in the office on Monday. You can then compare the current guidelines to your present allowances.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Radish

Post by Radish » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:26 pm
They allow a more generous food bill for pets then people at times I think :-/ It pays to get a dog before you go into an IVA :-(
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

Pauldg12

Post by Pauldg12 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 pm
Thanks Michael, that would be useful.
A full file review by the IP's will put my mind at rest. NTF don't fill me with a lot of confidence , they usually comment of threads they are mentioned in but seem to have stayed out of this one!

Pauldg12

Post by Pauldg12 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:28 pm
One last thing on this..NTF are saying that my IVA is protocol compliant as per the standard conditions set in Feb 2008, which were the most recent ones when I took out my IVA. In these standard conditions it says I must inform the supervisor at any time that I am in receipt of any additional income.
I was using the 2012 standard conditions as my guide which states I only need to inform them if the increase is more than 10% of my take home pay.
It's a long shot, but are they right in applying the 2008 conditions to my case now they have been updated?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:36 pm
The protocols applying are those in force at the time of the proposal and referred to in that proposal. When Protocols are updated they are not applied retrospectively unless by agreement.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:42 pm
We never used the protocol T&Cs but I always believed that the 10% relates to 'overtime, bonuses or similar' and not to pay rises. It would be worth reading through these T&Cs in line with the proposal and any modifications to see if this is the case.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:46 pm
My understanding is the same as Michaels. 10% relates to overtime etc. Permanent pay increases would be mentioned in the review I&E and dealt with from then onward, no disregard.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”