Is this real

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Johnno

Post by Johnno » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:38 pm
Afternoon Everyone,

So I made the last ever payment of to to my IVA last month... :shock:

I don't think it had really sunk in that I'd done it, after 6 years of making sure i knew where every last penny was going, until i received a text message this afternoon from Creditfix telling me my account has now been successfully closed and i should receive my documents through the post shortly.

What a journey it has been.

To those of you who are thinking about doing an IVA, 5 years is a LONG time!

However these simple things made it easier for me..

1) I made sure my family knew what i was doing, for at times when things get hard an you need someone to talk to they where there for me to vent.

2) Budget, Budget, Budget - Life is going to be hard unless you make sure you know every penny of what goes in and out of your account. I can't tell you the amount of hours I've spent at the start of each month with my calendar open working out when I'm going shopping how much fuel i can put in my car and what my budget was for things as simple as getting a haircut.

3) Shop Clever - Look around for the best places to shop especially food, i was lucky enough to have a Lidl on my door step that I've been using every Monday evening on the way home for work for the last 5 years. It's cheap but the food isn't that bad, in fact some of the main meals id even give to the dog ;-)

4) Think of the end game, when i came into my IVA i was a real mess, I'd been screwed over financially and if honest was close to doing something silly to make it all go away. However 5 years down the line it's over and done with and i can now start on re building my credit rating in one day hoping to buy a flat.

Oh... and use this forum - the times I've logged on here just to read through other peoples stories. Sometimes you need a reminder that you're not the only person going through this.

So this is me signing off.

J

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:03 pm
Well done, Johnno -- and congratulations :-)

Onward and Upward !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:07 pm
A great positive post Johnno. Congratulations and good luck in your debt free future.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm
Can relate to your post so much!
Congratulationson your successfuliva! Creditfix were really speedy sending us our completion certificate so hopefully you wont wait too long!

DillyDally43

Post by DillyDally43 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 pm
It's a great feeling and just to give you an idea my IVA was concluded in November last year.
My final payment was made the previous July and I came off the insolvency register in February this year.!. Completion certificate took four months and then three months to come off the insolvency register.so seven months from final payment!!!. Hard at times but worth it.

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:12 pm
I love this! So nice reading peoples stories/journeys makes me feel really good about my mine (just started iva last week)
Your tips are really useful and will take those on board. Any others please do let me know to help me through budgeting over the next 5 years.

Congratulations on finishing 🎉🎉

DillyDally43

Post by DillyDally43 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:02 pm
Like most people in IVA's I became a slave to credit! 4 credit cards, overdraft and a large loan.By the end I was paying 900 pounds a month on debt repayments most of that being interest.I had to do something as my financial situation was constantly getting me down.I friend recommended an IVA and the process began.Scary at first but after a few months I was a new person.My monthly payments were very affordable and I was approximately 770 pounds a month better off.After 6 years with only one payment break(redundancy) I made my 72 payment and four months later my CC arrived followed by 3 months to come off the register.I now have piece of mind everyday plus an overdraft and credit card with purposely small limit's.I'm in control and with a strong will and dedication the end result awaits!!
DEBT FREE...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”