It makes me a little sad..

44 posts Page 3 of 3

headoverheels

Post by headoverheels » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm
Thanks. That is more help than you realise. i know its not expert advice but that put together with what I read from last nights thread has helped me somewhat. At least it gives me something to start with. I just feel so helpless and I don't like seeing partner so down about it all x

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:24 pm
Thanks for helping put Viki - headoverheels, you'll find he'll go through all kinds of emotions whilst in IVA. Try reading some of the blogs it will give you an insight on how others cope. An IVA is not an easy route but at least he has faced up to his debt and is dealing with it.

He's also lucky he has you to support him. x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 pm
I agree with Julie, it's great that you are on here trying to help him. The forum will be good for you too.[:)] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

headoverheels

Post by headoverheels » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 pm
Thank you all for your support. I just wish there was more I could do to help him but this is all I can do right now. He goes through so many emotions each month and my partner thinks its affecting our relationship even though I reassure him its not. We have talked about our future and we have decided that we wont really be able to afford a house or kids or marriage until the IVA is finished. I am willing to wait but I think my partner thinks that I'm not even though I have said that I am. Sorry for the long post again I just wanted to talk to someone about it. Thanks x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 pm
I certainly don't think that you should put off getting married or having kids. You can't put your life on hold for the sake of the IVA although I understand exactly what you mean. I've been putting off having kids for years because of debt, but I know realise that it'll never happen if I keep worrying. Talk away on here, we're all gabby and ready to listen. X

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:48 pm
My spelling is appalling tonight! It must be the computer![;)] X

headoverheels

Post by headoverheels » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:53 pm
Well I'm willing to wait if we have to because we don't live together and my partner would rather us live together before we have kids even though we spend pretty much most of our time together. He never hid the IVA from me. He told me from when we met so I knew what I was getting into (not that it bothers me). I just want to make him happy. Now I'm starting to sound really soppy. I'm grateful for everyone's support here. If I can help anyone out I'm here as a listening ear too x

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 pm
Please don't let the IVA or anything else get in the way of you having children. Hopefully you'll be able to conceive and carry without any problems, but its not always plain sailing so please don't leave it to late. x

headoverheels

Post by headoverheels » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:25 pm
I won't leave it too late as my sister had problems conceiving so I know what problems could lay ahead if I do leave it too late. I know we are not ready yet but maybe in a couple of years we will start trying :-) x

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:12 am
I don't think any of us are ever really ready to have children, but when they are here we wonder how on this blessed earth we lived without them.
My children are my life, my joy, my proudest moments.
My second wasn't planned and a total surprise but she was simply meant to be and her little smiley face never ceases to make me melt.

Back on the hippy bandwagon again, I would just like to say that energy work..such as reiki,reflexology and accupuncture are all GREAT for couples wanting to start a family or who may have had trouble conceiving.

Oh and welcome head over heels!
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

headoverheels

Post by headoverheels » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:58 pm
Thank you angelrainbow.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:14 pm
Angelrainbow ... can't wait to meet you in person, we share many beliefs [:)] ... having a scorpio third house (hoping you understand!) I am prone to negative thinking so my 'motto' on a card above my desk reads "what you see depends on what you look for" ... the power of positive thought and all that!

HOH ... lovely to have you aboard [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

headoverheels

Post by headoverheels » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:36 pm
Hey I just wanted to say thank you to all for your advice. It helpes me so much. I have spoken to my partner and we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. He has just got to find out from his IP about the compensation money so fingers crossed all goes well. Thank you to you all. I will keep you posted on the progress x

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm
Soulgrowth wrote:

Angelrainbow ... can't wait to meet you in person, we share many beliefs [:)]
It's always great to meet a kindred spirit.I am so used to family and friends rolling their eyes with the "she's off again look" on their faces[:)]

If only they knew the half of what I get up to [:D]
Completion Certificate received September 2012.
44 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “talking about ...”