IVA Accepted

23 posts Page 2 of 2

mothergoose

Post by mothergoose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 am
Well i cant compare them as i have no experience with anyone else but they have been very efficient..Husband has a safe job so that may have gone in his favour.
The only other debt experience we have had was when we knew we had problems my husband came home one day and he said he had paid someone £390 to start a debt management plan and i was really upset as i knew in my mind it was wrong to ask for money up front like that..Then we were bombarded with calls from them and even phoning up to ask if we wanted to change our gas and electric supplyier so they were obviously getting commision on that also..Anyway to cut a long story short i made my husband cancel it i have health problems and i can tell you i felt really ill at what he was trying to do to sort us out..So i then made him phone DFD up..He lost the £390 but it was worth it to get that company off the other end of our phone..
We were expecting creditor modifications and we know we will have to pay for a extra year because of our age getting equity out and it can only be 50 % of the IVA payment well it wont work out in our case.So the extra year wont be a great problem we owe it so we have to pay back what we can..Then hopefully we wont ever travel down this road again..

kravarran

Post by kravarran » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 pm
Congratulations on the acceptance, you'll sleep well tonight, I did on the night of my acceptance.

My IVA has gone fine for the first 4 months but MOT is due in October and i know i'll need at least 2 tyres and a CV joint fixing to pass ..... it's a worry!
The hardest part is telling a stranger about your problems ...... it's also the most important!

Completion Certificate Received! :D

libertyfund

Post by libertyfund » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:06 pm
Welcome to the club, and congratulations on beginning your journey to being debt free.

kaza100

Post by kaza100 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 pm
hi mine is tommorrow at 11,really hope i can be joining u in your celebrations ! gd luck to you,and congratulations !!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxx

peterh

Post by peterh » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 am
Congratulations. Just going through the process now. Must be a huge relief. Hope it all works out for you in the end.

lin.r

Post by lin.r » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 am
Congratulations from me too,had ours accepted on the 22nd.A long way to go yet but the relief is tremendous.
We too would like to move from here but,hay ho, that's the price we pay!!
Good luck for the future.
Lin

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 am
Congratulations Lin.r on your IVA being accepted...time will pass quickly and you will soon be in the swing of budgeting etc.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

lin.r

Post by lin.r » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am
Thankyou so much luluj,I must admit after the relief of our acceptance I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about the road ahead.
Lin
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “IVA approved!”