IVA Advice Bureau

14 posts Page 1 of 1

ez123

Post by ez123 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:47 am
Have had my IVA approved - about 26p in the pound on £120k debt spread around fifteen or so creditors. Melanie (who posts on here) and here team were extremely helpful and professional. I'd have no difficulties recommending them to anyone, they really do know their stuff. [^]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:23 am
Thank you very much for those kind comments. We have been and will continue to be very pleased to act for you, and I am glad that you found my staff helpful, as they do work very hard to look after all of our clients.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:30 am
Congratulations on having your IVA approved!

A great result again for Melanie and her team.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:37 am
Great work. Mel can you tell me how many IVA's your company sees approved every day/week and in your opinion how much is it up on last year??
Just wondering about the growth of debt problems etc etc.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:01 pm
Hi Paul

My firms put forward approximately 40 cases per month, and it is actually quite rare to have a case rejected - I reckon only about one or two per hundred thankfully. My fellow IP Sue, who is also one of my best friends!, and I personally deal with all of our clients, and I do think that this actually helps the success rate.

I think that generally, the acceptance of IVAs has increased over the last year, as many firms are now using the IVA protocol which, if followed, makes it quite difficult for a creditor to reject a proposal without good reason.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 pm
Thanks for that Mel. How many do you think you were doing per month this time last year??

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:44 pm
My firm has currently 98% acceptances on IVA's and currently approaching over 50 per month. We are up by about 65% on past years - probably because of the protocol becoming more acceptable. We like Melanie run small firms but it is a sign of the times that IVAs are increasing.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:52 pm
So is it fair to say that of all of us in this credit crunch..........IP firms are doing alright out of it???

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:55 pm
We are definately busier than last year Paul - but I planned for growth, so that was to be expected. IVA numbers are actually stabilising, and we have not seen the sort of general growth that has been experienced over the previous five years or so.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Interesting that IVA numbers are stabilising already given that it doesnt appear the country is getting back on track yet,could that be down to easier roue to BR(the low income one)??

I am always interested to get the opinions from you IP's who take the time to post on here,it gives a very balanced view between those in IVA/BR etc and those running them,and without some of the professionals on here this board wouldnt be as good as it is.

Paul

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:05 pm
I think that the real growth in the debt figures comes from DMPs - where no statistical data is publicised, but creditors tell me that they are seeing many more of these types of arrangement being set up and agreed.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:21 pm
Confused as to why this post has appeared on this thread and what it responds to??

Jan can you look into please?
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:27 pm
It's a spam posting Tina which I have deleted and locked the poster out.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:29 pm
Thought it looked odd! Thanks Jan.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “who would you recommend?”