IVA Advice bureau

49 posts Page 2 of 4

Max

Post by Max » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm
They offered my husband b/r only b/r. Thus those coys offered acceptable no solution to our problems. Further, a major creditor with whom we have a joint debt described Melanie to me as an honourable IP and gave that as the reason why they helped me considerably. Both my husband and I have said we will suggest Melanie - if people take the advice they take it - likewise if they do not- they do not.J I am not going to debate the issue anymore. J

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm
£3,000 who are you with Tamzin?
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

tamzin

Post by tamzin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:06 pm
I'm with GT

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 pm
J, I don't think anybody is trying to suggest that Melanie has not provided the best possible solution for you and I agree she is an honourable IP. But there will be instances where one IP can not offer the best solution everytime. For example some Ip companies can arrange iva's when the disposable income is at a lower level than what other IP companies can arrange iva's at. It really is a case of making sure you get the best solution for your own requirements.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

crow

Post by crow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 pm
elv5 wrote:

They offered my husband b/r only b/r. Thus those coys offered acceptable no solution to our problems. Further, a major creditor with whom we have a joint debt described Melanie to me as an honourable IP and gave that as the reason why they helped me considerably. Both my husband and I have said we will suggest Melanie - if people take the advice they take it - likewise if they do not- they do not.J I am not going to debate the issue anymore. J
Nobody has said anything bad about Melanie - Dont get me wrong I have had nothing but support and understanding from her team. So far I rate them very high. Thanks though for sharing your story. Its good to know I am in good hands.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:16 pm
I hadn't realized until tonight that there were different levels of fees charged by different companies. I hope one of the experts can confirm if it is the case that the higher fees then the less of a dividend is paid to creditors.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm
tamzin wrote:

Just checked my IP fees and they are £3000
So maybe £2500 not that bad[;)]
Thanks...I feel so much better knowing mine is less. I guess there is no set fees.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm
And I feel even happier knowing mine are less still.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 pm
To be honest I wouldn't worry about the fees - a lot of work goes into an IVA and the IP has to be paid for that. It's not as if you have to pay up front, so providing the creditors are happy then there's not a problem.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm
ivas4us wrote:

Thanks for that!!!!

On another note i see you are two months into your IVA. While it was going through did you get all your creditors call you? What did you say to them?

tamzin

Post by tamzin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 pm
My IVA has yet to be approved(god i hope so!)

But maybe the creditors will haddle ( Hope thats spelt right) over the IP fees

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 pm
crow wrote:
ivas4us wrote:

Thanks for that!!!!

On another note i see you are two months into your IVA. While it was going through did you get all your creditors call you? What did you say to them?
It was mainly Llloyds TSB but the best action I found in the end was to answer the security questions wrong and they are then not alloed to continue the call. They used to ring 8-10 times a day but after about 4 times of giving the wrong info I never heard anymore at all.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:40 pm
Nice one, I think I might try and give wrong details. The problem I have is that "we" have over 15 creditors...I am in for a hard time I guess.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:42 pm
it is usually just one or two that keep ringing it would be unusual from what I understand for persistent calls from all creditors.

crow

Post by crow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm
tamzin wrote:

My IVA has yet to be approved(god i hope so!)

But maybe the creditors will haddle ( Hope thats spelt right) over the IP fees
I am just at the beginning...my creditor letters go out at the end of this week. Heres hoping with all fingers and toes crossed that it goes smoothly otherwise I am stuffed!!![V]
49 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “who would you recommend?”