IVA Approved

7 posts Page 1 of 1

grinder

Post by grinder » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 pm
Hello People,

I found out today that my IVA proposal was approved. I feel relieved, and underwhelmed at the same time. At least I know that there is a finite period to get through. At least I know that providing i maintain my side of the bargain, my house is safe.

I know deep down that this was the right decision for me. I would like to offer my sincerest thanks to all those at McCambridge Duffy, particularly Keith Maxwell. When I came to them I was right on the edge, and in utter despair. I am now looking forward to rebuilding my life, I cannot recommend them highly enough, Michael, your team are awesome.

So the debt free clock starts ticking today. I hope to be a regular poster on this forum.

cheers all
Never attribute to malevolence, that which equally explained by stupidity.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 pm
Well done Grinder -- you will, like many of us, probably run through many emotions for a while, until everything settles down.

Try to look on living in an IVA as an adventure -- seeking out bargains, learning the difference between what you "want" and what you "need", and the small triumphs when there is a credit in your bank at the end of the month.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 pm
Great news grinder and I will pass on your kind words to Keith and the rest of the team. I am delighted you will be staying around as experience is invaluable for new and existing posters.

Five years is a long time and things do change. While this forum will provide plenty of advice and support, never be afraid to lift the phone and give us a call. Many congratulations.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 pm
If you ever doubt it was the right decision get a pen and paper and write down how much you were paying to each creditor every month and see how much better off you are now.

Its not easy by any means but its a decision you shouldnt regret.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:06 am
Hi, and great news you're on the road to debt freedom now and you've chosen a well respected company to work with. Hang in there and keep posting.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:26 pm
Congratulations. Hope your journey goes well for you
Steven & Debbie

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 pm
Congratulations on your IVA approved :-)
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA approved!”