IVA Completed - Bank Account & Credit Questions

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Hufflepuff

Post by Hufflepuff » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Hi All,

So, I’ve finished my IVA after 6 long difficult years. I got the completion certificate from CF on Thursday last week and a copy in the post today. This forum has helped me so much over the last few years.

I’ve sent a copy of the certificate to each of the 3 CRA’s as CF suggested.

I’ve been wondering about my bank account, I’ve had a basic account with Nationwide for nearly 15 years now (before IVA was in a DMP with Payplan). I’m quite happy with Nationwide and wasn’t planning on moving but I wondered if they might offer me, in the future, an upgrade to a full account after the IVA drops off my credit file next month. Would they possibly also offer a credit card at some point too?

I don’t really need or want a ‘credit builder’ card with Vanquis or whoever but it would be handy to have a ‘regular’ card at some time in the future.

If i didn’t do anything to try and ’rebuild’ my credit rating would I never be at a place where I would be able to get any. By that I mean, if I don’t proactively apply for a new bank account or credit card.

On my credit files, I have my bank account and Virgin mobile contract - and at the moment the IVA. There are no defaults or CCJ’s any more.

Hope that makes sense?

Huff

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm
I can't speak for Nationwide, but my "basic" bank ( Co-Op) accepted my request to upgrade once my files were clear and, off their own back, offered me a credit card to replace the Vanquis I was already using.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Hufflepuff

Post by Hufflepuff » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Thanks Foggy,

That’s really helpful
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”