IVA Completed - Debt Free Direct Not Helping

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
45 posts Page 2 of 3

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:44 pm
Did you agree, or were you given the opportunity to agree, the terms of the variation?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

mulder68

Post by mulder68 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:06 am
Yes, I signed a copy of the variation report to send to creditors.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 pm
Then you must comply with the terms that you agree to.

mulder68

Post by mulder68 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:43 pm
Hi Judith

I have just had confirmation that my email to you was deleted without being read. Although I have had a response form other people in your organization it might be a good idea to not suggest here that you will deal with peoples complaints personally if you aren't even going to bother reading them.

Regards

Simon

IVANotOverYet

Post by IVANotOverYet » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:49 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by mulder

Hi Judith

I have just had confirmation that my email to you was deleted without being read. Although I have had a response form other people in your organization it might be a good idea to not suggest here that you will deal with peoples complaints personally if you aren't even going to bother reading them.

Regards

Simon

Not to defend any one person in particular, but don't jump to the conclusion that your email hasn't been read on the strength of an autoreply or delivery receipt/read notification. There are email clients which can preview an email without marking it as 'read' so the content can be viewed as an autopreview, the email deleted after being viewed, and a 'deleted before read' notification sent even though the content has actually been seen by the recipient.

Obviously it's also possible that the email *has* been deleted without being read, but it's always best to make sure you're aware of all possibilities before making statements on a public forum.
IVA Completed!

Final payment made November 2011.

CoC received 12/10/12.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:11 pm
I am sure that Judith would not have done this intentionally, as I understand that she works in the customer services department. I would try her again and let her explain what might have happened.

mulder68

Post by mulder68 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by IVANotOverYet
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by mulder

Hi Judith

Regards

Simon

Not to defend any one person in particular, but don't jump to the conclusion that your email hasn't been read on the strength of an autoreply or delivery receipt/read notification. There are email clients which can preview an email without marking it as 'read' so the content can be viewed as an autopreview, the email deleted after being viewed, and a 'deleted before read' notification sent even though the content has actually been seen by the recipient.

Obviously it's also possible that the email *has* been deleted without being read, but it's always best to make sure you're aware of all possibilities before making statements on a public forum.

Hi

Thanks for your input. Yes, I am aware of these things as I work in IT.

However as I said, my email was replied to by somebody else, it's not a lack of response that I am highlighting. It is more the fact that somebody publicly asked me to email them directly and said they would look into my case and that didn't happen. The email was responded to by somebody completely different. I had similar issues when Declan from DFD was posting here also.

The fact that I had an email saying that my initial email was deleted without being read by Judith is what I am highlighting.

On a separate note, I still haven't received any information from Equity in Finance after countless promises and you wonder why I am annoyed.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 pm
This is a good example of people not understanding e-mail etiquette. As IVANotOverYet has said, it can be read in the preview pane and if it’s deleted you may get that message – deleted without being read. I get this a lot with my work e-mails and it comes over as rude, even though that is not the intention. All genuine e-mails should be opened and then saved or deleted as necessary. Also, it’s not good practice to use the reading pane as it can be an avenue for viruses. It’s hard enough to purvey a tone in an e-mail and getting messages that imply that your e-mail has not been read just rubs salt in the wounds. Just my two penneth worth!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:54 pm
I didn't realise that e-mail could work like this. I've never personally received a message to say a recipient has deleted a message without reading it. I guess that DFD'a customer service team are pretty busy right now, and this may be the cause of sending it to someone else to deal with.

As for EIF - yet another complaint about lack of communicsation I am sorry to see.

mulder68

Post by mulder68 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 pm
Just quick update.

I have been trying to claim any mis-sold PPI myself since July this year as I didn't want to give Equity in Finance a sice of the Pie for something so straightforward.

Well I have been waiting months for responses from some of my creditors.

Today I have received a document from DFD about agreeing to a variation of my proposal which wll allow my IVA to be finalised and a C of C sent out. Before I even had chance to digest what is in the proposal I have just received a phone call asking me if I agree to it.

I asked the chap on the phone to summarise what the proposal was exactly and he went round in circles telling me it was basically me agreeing to let DFD arrange a meeting with my creditors to finalise my IVA.

"yes but what am I agreeing to I asked"

You are agreeing to let DFD set up the meeting for you

"Yes but I must be agreeing to something more than that/" D must be getting something out of this?"

Not at all, DFD just believe that it is about time your IVA was completed as we realise how frustrating it must be, having made your final payment a year ago.

"yes it is frustrating but I don't believe for one second that DVD are doing this for my benefit"

I can assure you.............

At that point I asked the chap to call me back on Monday and give me time to digest the proposal. There is a lot of legal terminology in the letter but I think the basic gist of things is for me to sign and agree to a 'Deed of Assignment' basically handing off all PPI claims to DFD.

Now, I could be being cynical here but something doesn't smell quite right with this proposal.

Has anybody any experience of such a Deed of Assignment. Is it worthwhile?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:19 pm
Many firms are using them .. basically it gives "ownership" of the proceeds of PPI claims to your IP to distribute to creditors after the IVA has been formally completed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

mulder68

Post by mulder68 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:41 pm
Hi Foggy, yes I thought that is what it was saying basically.

good idea?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:30 am
Very good idea ... Let them do this and your IVA will close and you will receive your certificate ....
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Judith Anderton

Post by Judith Anderton » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:43 pm
Dear Mulder 68,Please contact me directly via the email address in my profile. This will allow me or a member of my team to discuss your issue in further depth.

Regards,
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

mulder68

Post by mulder68 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 am
Well I just agreed to the variation online. Hopefully now I can get closure on this IVA that started in 2006 and finished in December 2012.
Last edited by mulder68 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
45 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”