IVA Council & Bankruptcy UK - same people

3 posts Page 1 of 1

MissCompliance

Post by MissCompliance » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:58 pm
The way that Bankruptcy UK are getting round the not canvassing for business rule is that IVA Council send the spam mail out with wild accusations of having inside information on the client's Arrangement.

Once the poor client has been suitably scared they phone them up and get passed straight through to Bankruptcy UK. I further understand that an IP is acting as "consultant" to them, he's not a director. name of Peat based in Devon. Wonder if he's aware of the utter drivel on their website, they obviously don't have a compliance officer on their pay roll.

They then proceed to give advice without a full I&E. I did a mystery shopper call on them I just wish I could post the call onto this Forum.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:35 pm
Can you paraphrase the call please MissC.

The activities of this organisation have been discussed for several months on this forum, but it would be interesting to get some first hand information of how they represent themselves on the telephone.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:46 pm
I received my iva council letter today, hubby got his a couple of days ago. Hubby wants me to ring them and see just what they think they know about our iva. I am really interested as to what they have to say . The letter is misleading, gives false impressions and they should be stopped. Anyone not understanding who they are can easily be fooled that this is some sort of official body contacting them.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”