IVA Council

5 posts Page 1 of 1

neil277

Post by neil277 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:02 pm
Hi

I have just been contacted by the IVA Council and have been told i had been miss sold an IVA. i also found out that i pay £414.00 per month for the last 13 months and not one penny has gone to pay of my debts, so cleardebt has taken £5382.00 and not helped me one little bit.

The iva Council have told me that if i go with them and make three payments of £350.00 and the £485.00 for the Court Costs they will do my BR for me.

Also they said that i will be put forward with 50 other people and they will pertition my case for al monies to be paid back to me of the sum of £5382.00

I would like to ask Melanie is this true? because if so then i feel i have been cheated and also i have found this link http://www.ivacouncil.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=102

I await some answers from the fourm.

Regards.

Neil

pixie

Post by pixie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:50 pm
Hi Neil

There have been many posts regarding the ivac you could have a read through. They are sending generic letters to anyone in an iva.
Just because you have no assets does not mean you have been mis sold. It is usual for most of the first year's fees to be paid towards the iva costs rather than creditors and the breakdown of this will be in your annual report. Remember this has been agreed by your creditors. There must have been a reason why you chose an iva rather than BR in the first place, has this changed? If you do decide to go down this route then you can do it yourself without paying them a grand for form filling!
Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and would file the letter where it belongs!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:12 pm
Hi
You will not receive any refund.
Even if you did it would be swallowed up as a windfall in your bankruptcy.
Don't be led by their claims,all the info that they have about you is from the Insolvency Register.
A trained chimp could access the same info and tell you that you have been 'miss sold'
Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:32 pm
They are so clever aren't they - to know such detailed information about your IVA that only you or your IP would be privy to? If I were you, and you are happy with the way your IVA was presented and is being managed, I would put the letter in the bin as unwanted junk mail.

Incidentally Andy, after their very public apology to me, three new clients contacted me today to say they had been circulated, one from each one of my three trading companies! So much for keeping their word, and this goes to show that they are operating absolutely no selection criteria in the way they select the candidates for this unsolicited correspondence.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:32 pm
talking of chimps
2 chimps get in a bath.
one says,"ooooh ooooh aaaah eeee eeee", the other one said,"hang on, i'll put some cold water in"
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”