IVA COUNCIL

82 posts Page 2 of 6

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:22 pm
Hi all,

We have uploaded an example of the letter that the IVA council are sending out to people. Here it is:
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_council_report ... f_ivas.asp

If anyone else gets a letter similar to this from the IVA council or any other organisation then please send it in.

Best, Admin Team
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

zoe

Post by zoe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:48 pm
Just thought i would add that this company have now changed their website!!!
Obviously they panicked!
Z
x

Zoe
x
Keep your chin up - everything happens for a reason!
View my blog http://zoes.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Number 6

Post by Number 6 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:46 am
Useful information here. Wish i had read it before blwoin my top this morning.

The letter we received from IVA Council had the name of our IP in the window of the envelope so the now the postie and anyone that handled the letter knows our situation.

The contents of the letter were bot inflammatory and possibly libelous.

Our IP's solicitor has written to them.

The FSA say its not their baby but who is regulating these cowboy ambulance chasers??
Im not a number I'm a freeman!

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:26 pm
Hi Number 6,

You are quite correct when you say that "the postie is now aware of your situation". Letters regarding repossession hearings in envelopes sent out by the Lord Chancellor's Department are also a bit of a giveaway !

John Tegg
www.asu4iva.co.uk
0845 673 9999

We will make all your IVA payments for you if Accident or Sickness stops you paying them yourself.
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:01 pm
Am I right to be alarmed at the IVA's council questionnaire on their website asking for (in my eyes) confidential information like NI number, place & date of birth, maiden name if applicable plus all the standard info like full name & address. Is it really necessary and realistically how do they use that info to find out if you've been 'mis-sold' an IVA!

The more I read the angrier I get at the nerve of these people who think they are doing people a favour and all on my doorstep.

I would fill out the form but didn't really want to open myself up for identity fraud etc!

Sorry to rant but it's me and the pC at the mo as Hubby is working away & I'm waiting for the electric blanket to warm up!!!

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:12 pm
OMG!!! Their questionnaire really does want the nitty gritty details like your pension/policy number, provider and what it is worth. Who is the owner of your vehicle, its reg number and when the MOT runs out, you r pay reference number, your tax office and the company you work for, details of your property or landlord, how much it costs, date you acquired it/vacated and even your childrens names & ages. All that info and more to tell you that your IVA has been mis-sold I don't think so.

This scares the living daylights out of me that some people will part with all this info to seek help, please someone tell me that this is not normal and they shouldn't ask for all that detail (before you technically instruct them!)

Need to go to bed some before I have nightmares about this.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:19 pm
Louise

Are you just a casual experimenter, or do you feel that you were mis-sold an IVA?

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 pm
More intrigued.

We certainly have not been mis-sold an IVA. We went with GT and we were given all our options (IVA or Bankruptcy) at the time, informed of the costs etc and as adults we made our choice and work with it to achieve our end goal of being debt free.

I only checked out their site from what has been said here out of sheer curiousity and fortunately I have not received a letter from them but I know where mine is going if I receive one - straight in the shredder!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 am
Well done you! And also to GT for giving best advice before you entered into your IVA.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

catullus

Post by catullus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:12 am
See the link below

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/IVACouncilMessage.htm

I think that this is the definitive last word on this bunch of confused cowboys!!

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:38 am
many thanks for that link catallus,
copied here:

Insolvency Service statement regarding the IVA Council

The Insolvency Service would like to make it clear that we are in no way associated with an organisation called the IVA Council.

IVAs are a flexible and effective means of dealing with debt. For debtors they provide protection from creditors, debt forgiveness, flexibility in terms of what assets are included, and none of the restrictions, which apply in bankruptcy. For creditors they provide a better return than could be obtained in bankruptcy.

IVAs allow debtors to repay their creditors that which they can reasonably afford and resolve their financial problems, and are supervised by licensed and regulated insolvency professionals.

The principal statutory alternative to an IVA is bankruptcy. Bankruptcy should always be the last resort as the debtor will lose control of their assets and will be subject to bankruptcy restrictions, potentially up to 15 years.

Consequently The Insolvency Service does not condone any implication that people in IVAs should stop paying and enter bankruptcy. If you have had any communication from the IVA Council or other third parties suggesting that you stop making payments under your IVA you should discuss this with the supervisor of the IVA and seek advice from professional, qualified advisers before taking any action.

(the emphasis has been inserted by ourselves)

regards, admin team.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:22 pm
Hear hear !!
Good to see a response from the Insolvecy Services
It's about time that the IVA was defended and I will always champion this excellent solution for peole in serious debt.
All that is needed is best advice from the debt management companies/IVA providers and a full understanding of what an IVA entails by the debtor.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:53 pm
Hiya
my tuppence worth.

Ive had a good look at the IVA council website and I think its having growing pains and may develop into a useful forum, all good advice and information for people with problems has to be applauded.

I think it was set up originally by someone with a greivence with an IVA factory, they wanted a platform and got one by partnering with a bankruptcy company. At that point something went wrong, someone decided to mass mail everyone on the insolvency list probably targetting IVA 'factories' but in reality hitting all IP's .
There seems to be a deep seated paranoia, almost like a conspirocy theory , that pervades the site.

Sure some folk have been mis-sold IVA's , and we know from on here that some are having serious problems with the management of IVA's , we see that every day . But the council site feeds fear and anger and directs people towards BR and BR handled by BR Companies .

I think they need to change their name away from council - it sounds offical - they may well do that anyway now that the Insolvency site has 'named' them. They also need to balance their opinions and stop mass mailing .

Maybe Im totally wrong , maybe they really are an unscrupulous BR company trying to get business away from IVA companies, who are feeding on ignorance and fear and trying to profit from it.

I hope that isn't the case, I hope that they are trying to help .

Slainte
Mish

7 months till automatic dischanrge
Early Discharge is not an illness !

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:27 pm
I would just like to echo mish1953s post - I have had a look at the new IVA Council website / forum and will reserve judgement. I know what has been posted about them but - if their forum allows representation of the full range of opinion then fair enough. We are all adults and can make up our minds based on the evidence. I know what I think - but will watch with interest how all this develops.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

Isambard

Post by Isambard » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:39 pm
There were some post earlier on their forum (which has now been removed), something about them being under investigation by the CCCS.

The persons profile said they from the Insolvency Services and knew that they've had their business phones tapped by Scotland Yard!

Woah, if this is right then they must have really pi*%ed someone off!
82 posts Page 2 of 6
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”