IVA COUNCIL

82 posts Page 3 of 6

catullus

Post by catullus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:22 pm
One of the good things coming out of this is the positive statement from the Insolvency Service about the real advantages of an IVA.

They couldn't be clearer that "bankruptcy is the last resort" and that an IVA is a highly effective tool in addressing the problems of the over indebted.

One in the eye for the doubters and doom mongerers and real food for thought for anyone reading this board and considering an IVA.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:00 am
What do these people hope to achieve apart from earning fees and putting existing IVAs at risk of failure?

To prove that something has been mis-sold, they will have to categorically prove that the debtor was not provided advice with regard to other options, and that a better solution was available which was not offered. Whilst it might seem obvious to us that there are cases of mis-selling, it will be difficult if not impossible to prove that the debtor was not given good advice. And how do you prove that someone made the wrong choice?

The Insolvency Service's statement was apt, to the point, and absolutely correct.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:28 pm
HI
I think that many of the people that think that they have been mis-sold an IVA have infact misunderstood excatly what they are agreeing to.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

MissCompliance

Post by MissCompliance » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:36 pm
One of our clients was told that after the IVA had finished the creditors would be able to pursue them for their £50k debts as the IP just "creams off" all the money they pay into their IVA as fees.

After complaining to the FOS we are finding that they are being unindated with compliants about IVA Council aka Bankruptcy UK Ltd but as they aren't regulated by the FSA they are passing the complaints to Trading Standards. We have over 60 clients that have complained to us about them.
We are now preparing a group complaint to the ISS & R3 on their behalf. Has anyone seen Bankruptcy UK Ltd website?
Check out the uttter drivel about the "Protection" of bankruptcy.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:15 pm
I tackled them to deliver me a public apology for circulating my clients, and would suggest that all other IPs who have been subjected to this nonsense to insist on the same.

You can see their apology on their own website!

super_smudge

Post by super_smudge » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:23 pm
Just to let you all know that these people are still sending out these letters!

My wife and I have been in an IVA with Freeman Jones for just over a year, who may I mention have been more than wonderfull. Anyway first I recived a letter then a few weeks later my wife recived one,at which point I made the mistake of phoning them to find out what on earth they were going on about!

So this evening on my way home from work I recive a call back from them to be told that they have been on the phone to my wife for over 45 minets and now they wanted to talk to me. They then went on to tell me how bad my IVA company was and how I was being riped off then to top it all off they went on to tell me how my IVA company had ripped off a mother who had just lost her child! (I had mentioned that both my wife and I work for the NHS)

Who are these people? and whats being done to stop them?

I wish I hadent needed to take out an IVA but since I have Freeman Jones have been so helpfull and made our lives so much better.

If any one wants a copy of the letter they sent my wife I am more than willing to send a copy out.

Mark Smith

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:28 am
These people are absolutely shameful, and if they are not careful they will soon be receiving writs for libel and slander.

If you are happy with the service provided by your IP, then stick with it - and it is good to hear positive feedback about a larger firm for a change.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:55 am
Hi Mark
This company gets your contact info from the Insolvency Register.
Please sign my onlne petition to stop access to this register by companies such as the IVA Council
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/InsolvReg/

Thanks
Andam Davies

super_smudge

Post by super_smudge » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:01 pm
done

hetty100

Post by hetty100 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 pm
Can I say, I just received a letter from the IVA Council, thank goodness I looked into your website, I was totally taken in by the letter, but realised after I spotted they couldn't even spell Companies right there must be something dodgy, and guess what I was right. Shame I got quite excited!! I'm just glad I checked it out, thanks!!

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:13 pm
I agree Melanie I cannot understand how they are getting away with it. I have been with Fj for 15 months and as said they have been fantastic. I have a friend with them also and no problem they do not deserve to be labelled in this way. They are and have done everything that I expect of them so far. We are now daily seeing people being confused and mislead by these letters on the forum.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

hetty100

Post by hetty100 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:40 pm
I spot that there are experts who reply on the forum. I do want to question one thing on the letter, I live with my parents but pay rent and have no equity, were they right to have sold me the IVA? Thanks

neil277

Post by neil277 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:17 pm
Hi

The IVA Council is know different in business to any other company like the companies that get back your bank charges, from the letter that i have received they state a pattern of inconsistencies that may indicate that you have been mis-sold your IVA.

From what i can gather the IVA Council are looking for a ruling from the Courts which is in there favour so they can take on other cases, its all about money, money goes from one hand to another and so on.

I am in the same boat as you and Debtline did ask the question why an IVA as i have no assests, my letter is being forwarded to my IP along with my letter of my own petition for Bankruptcy.

Who is right and who is wrong only the Courts can decide this.

Regards.

Neil

hetty100

Post by hetty100 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:41 pm
Thanks I need to look into this further I think

neil277

Post by neil277 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:14 pm
Hi

Spoken to debtline and asked about the IVA Council are they honest, they replied we will not say if there honest or not there just another company in busines.

I was then put throught to another company at debtline who deal in sole traders and business and advice on BR, he advised me to look for a property and after one month then do a budget and then write to my IP explaining this is all i can afford, if the banks refuse my new offer then BR is my only solution.

I aksed that i'm only allowed #163;50.00 per week to live on for three people, he could not stop laughing and said this was not acceptable.

I was also told to do a budget that gives a good standard of living also i was told holidays are allowed, from what i have been told today more regulation is needed for IVA Companies.

Regards.

Neil
82 posts Page 3 of 6
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”