IVA COUNCIL

82 posts Page 5 of 6

sammyj

Post by sammyj » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:59 pm
They said I would have to pay them the first instalment of £150 + £458 fees for them to take my case. They would then file the bankrupcy petition and would take my IVA company to court to get my money back after my bankrupcy was closed.
I will gladly take there call tomorrow and ask them some quesions for you, if it helps to stop them taking advantage of people in IVA's. I am also waiting for the paperwork to come through the post if your interested, I definally won't be filling them in.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:02 pm
So presumably they would show themselves as a creditor in your bankruptcy for £1,050 less £150!!! I really don't think so, and personally if I were you sammy, I would not spend one more moment in dealing with them.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sammyj

Post by sammyj » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:06 pm
I've just been reading some of the IVA guides, it mentions payment holidays. Is it possibe to take IVA payment holidays?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm
Only for very good and exceptional reasons - and only with the agreement of your supervisor.

sammyj

Post by sammyj » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:26 pm
We have been thinking about moving house as our rent payments are quite high. We have been viewing some flats and have been suprised by the money we could save in rent by moving a few miles down the road to a cheaper postcode. The only problem is we can't afford the deposit, a month rent in advance and admin charges aswell as paying our bills and IVA payments. If we could have a payment holiday for a few months to allow us to save this money and move house it would mean our monthly expenditure would be reduced and we may be able to increase our IVA payments after the move. Do you think this could be possible?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 pm
Anything is possible with the agreement of your Supervisor and creditors, however I feel that if you are wanting a holiday for "a few months" your changes may be slim. No harm in asking though!

sammyj

Post by sammyj » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:33 pm
I will give them a call tomorrow. I've fould this site really helpful ( I've saved it in my favourites).Thank you for your help.

misssj

Post by misssj » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:36 pm
hi
I have received a letter today from the IV council saying that I may have ben mis sold my IVA and should contact them but not inform my IVA provider. Does anyone know what this is about? I am very concerned as I took my IVA out in good faith but because I don't own my home they are saying that maybe I shouldn't have been given an IVA. I am into my second year and thought I was doing a good thing by trying to sort out my debt.

Any thoughts welcome

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:41 pm
Hey misssj,

If you type in iva council in the search on this forum you will be able to read everyone's views on them. If you are happy with the way your iva is going then don't worry. They are touting for business and making you worry. Have a read on the forum you'll see what I mean.....then burn the letter!
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

neil277

Post by neil277 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 pm
Hi
I decided not to go BR i informed the IVA Council and cleardebt it would be very silly to do this at this moment intime, once i finish my 17th edition electricial installation and testing and inspection then to be honest things should be much better all i want is to work for myself.

Regards.

Neil

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:30 pm
A good decision Neil. All the best with doing your electrics I hope all goes well and you are soon working for yourself.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

ralff

Post by ralff » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 pm
These fools have sent a letter to my old address, so now my family know what is going on so naturally I am not over the moon. I have no intention of agreeing to any of their soltions because when I signed my agreement I had given 100% thought into what I was doing. The letter i got was almost saying "you are a fool with an IVA now act a bigger fool and see what we can take from you", or maybe I am very wary of this. Does any one think I should contact them and report the findings here or just burn the letter? I bet these people sell drugs to addicts

Ralff
at the end of the day it's night !!!

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:35 pm
Hi ralff and welcome to the forum. This is precisely the sort of thing that can happen, someone else gets the letter though by rights they shouldnt open it I have at times opened things for my daughter as I dont always look at the front of the envelope. Hopefully many will complain and this will be stopped. My family have no knowledge and i will be exceptionally unhappy if something like that occurred, we all have our reasons if we choose not to tell someone, it could be because the worry could make them ill. Very bad indeed if they were your company they would know where to contact you.
We have both today received letters from the debt doctor.
I will say Alan as I know you have posted that your letter is a complete contrast to the iva council and states your intentions and has in no way angered me as the ivac one did. I am with one of the considered iva factories i think, FJ, and have absolutely no problems, other than a recent unanswered email which I will duly chase, but as for being misadvised or misled not in the slightest, I am totally happy. It will hit the shredder but I did want to mention the letters tone was not misleading or offensive.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

sillymoo

Post by sillymoo » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:42 am
I just don't understand why the insovlceny register evre had to be public?!

Melanie could you pls explain why it is in the public domain?

Thanks in advance!!!
sign andy's petition - stop companies abusing the insolvency register and pestering people who have been pestered enough!!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/InsolvReg/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 am
I am afraid only the Insolvency Service ca explain the logic of making the register so publicly available - and it is interesting to note that this is no available in Northern Ireland or Scotland - yet we are supposed to be a United Kingdom!
82 posts Page 5 of 6
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”