iva declined please help

54 posts Page 4 of 4

ianmillington

Post by ianmillington » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:37 pm
Thanks Mike, I will pass that info on

By the way - just got the news about David Monds injunction against the IVA Council et al. Nice one!

ian
Ian Millington
Insolvency Director
PDHL Ltd (formerly Personal Debt Helpline Ltd)
www.pdhl.co.uk

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 pm
Agreed!!
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Anna Karenina

Post by Anna Karenina » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:42 pm
Hi madbobix

My husband has just started a DMP. We were advised that an IVA was not viable for him and for a number of reasons, bankruptcy really had to be the last port of call (too much at risk).

He was referred to Andrew at Brightoak and I have to say they were fantastic - fast, efficient and very helpful. The proposal went out two weeks ago and we've already heard back from the major creditor (52% of value) saying that they will accept the proposal. Yes, it will take anything up to 11 years to pay back the debt (over £100K) but he really wanted to avoid bankruptcy.

It really does feel like a weight off our shoulders knowing that Andrew and his team are behind us - it's the first time there's been a light at the end of tunnel for over 3 years. I'd recommend giving him a ring and talking things through with him - you have to make the decision that is right for you and the most powerful choice is an informed choice.

Ultimately a DMP was the right decision for my husband and you will make the right decision for you.

Good luck, take care and have faith in yourself.

Anna

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 pm
I can also endorse that Andrew Graveson and his team at Brightoak offer a first class service, and really fight for the clients who choose them to represent them. During difficult times, when you are negotiating a settlement with your creditors, it really helps to have someone on your side.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 pm
Please see any and all previous threads re fee paying and non fee paying DMP services.

Whilst not knocking non fee paying services, fee payers can arguably be said to have the interests of the client first and foremost, whilst non fee payers may fall down on that score.

Good luck.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

janderson

Post by janderson » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 am
Hi All

We made our first payment to our DMP and are with payplan, do any of the experts ahve any vies on the good or bad points with payplan. I am starting to feel that they are large and we are just numbers on files.

Regards

John

hopefull1

Post by hopefull1 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm
Hi

I am not with payplan myself but are considering them at present I am with cccs and have had no cmplaints with them. They are always there too answer your calls and queries. I was with a fee paying company called debt release direct prior to going with cccs and they didn't do what they said they would and to this day still have some of my money that should have been paid to creditors. I think you have too follow your gut instinct and go with who you feel most comfy with. I know that if it does not work out with cccs I would approach brightoak as they have a good reputation on here and I have spoken to them they are very informative and genuinley want to help you are not pushy in any way shape or form.

Goodluck with who ever you choose to go with

hopefull1

Post by hopefull1 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 pm
Hi

Just wondering do any of the experts know what criteria egg card work under is it similar to that of Mbna or do they have their own depending on individual circumstances.

Thanks

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:24 pm
Hi hopefull1 and John,

I think and hope that you'll find Egg entirely reasonable so long as they consider your income and expenditure statement fair.

You may find that you have to wait for a fixed period after a Default Notice is issued on the account before formal acceptance will be granted by them.

With regard to Payplan I think if you go through some of the historic postings on the forum you'll find examples of people who have been pleased and people who were frustrated. Should you feel you're getting the service that you need from Payplan you'll know that you've made the right decision.
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company
54 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “postings for july”