IVA doesn't drop off your credit file after 6 years. You have to send them the completion certificate!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

wakeywakey

Post by wakeywakey » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:33 am
Hi guys,

I read loads of articles on here saying that the iva dropped off their credit file after 6 years from the start date.
But mine hasn't. I have to send the completion certificate to the CRA's (when I finally get it) and then wait for them to update their files.
All this could take another 6 months added to the timeframe.
The CRA's now say "IVA drops off after 6 years from the start date if completed"
Just thought everyone shold be aware.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:58 am
Your IP should inform the CRAs that your IVA has completed, mine did and, as far as I am aware, so did all of my friends on here.
It doesn't automatically drop off - down to your IP and not you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:33 am
If you have not yet been issued with the completion paperwork your IVA is still 'live' and will remain on the register.

Your IP will inform the Insolvency Service of completion in due course and the Insolvency Service will inform the CRA's.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

wakeywakey

Post by wakeywakey » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:37 pm
Quick update.

My IP (Unity) doesn't let the CRA's know. They let the IS know and they let the CRA's know according to my IP.
This could take another 4 months to add to the 6 years I have already done.
I am currently trying to send the CRA'S my completion certificate, but they want the whole 13 page document, not just the certificate (why). It's just a ghastly nightmare, with everyone saying someone else has to do it. What a state our CRA's are!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:32 am
I know it's a pain but you just have to be patient and keep checking - have you checked the IS to see what it says on there?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

wakeywakey

Post by wakeywakey » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:57 pm
And now there's a default that is the wrong date. Not the start date of the IVA but the company have refused to change it. How can they just refuse and the CRA actually backed them saying there's nothing they can do.
What a state!
I'm at my wits end!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:11 pm
Make a complaint to the relevant authority - tell your IP you are going to make a complaint.
Bob Marley.

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:48 am
Re. the default. The CRA are correct in that they only report what creditors tell them ! If the creditor in question will not comply you need to complain to the ICO.

Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record around the middle of the article, either side of the highlighted letter example.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”