IVA dropping off credit report - how many points will it increase by?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Hampshire22

Post by Hampshire22 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:44 pm
Hi

My IVA is due to drop off my credit report at the end of May.

How many points does my credit rating go up once this happens?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:09 pm
No idea but I would sign up to Credit Karma, Experian and other free credit sites to watch how they do as all score differently.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:38 pm
Clearscore is another one and also Money Saving Expert do one as well.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:53 pm
The awarding of points isn't an exact science and will depend on many things. However, the IVA dropping off should see a decent increase.

Do check with the likes of ClearScore and Credit Karma for Notices of Correction, which might refer to the IVA and act as a reminder to creditors. These NoCs do not drop off automatically and you need to ask that they be removed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:14 pm
Must admit I never had those on mine. There is also a section for IVA or Bankruptcy so you may need to check that section as well. I check all of mine every month, every section. I recently had someone I know having her soft searches on my account! We are not financially connected, don't live at the same address and apart from sharing the same birthday (not the same year) I did sort it.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:34 pm
I escaped them also. I know Equifax went through a period of adding them, in a misguided attempt to be helpful, to advise searchers that the IVA showing had, in fact, completed. But, of course, this reminder lingered after the IVA actually disappeared. I have not heard mention of them recently, so maybe the CRA stopped doing this. But always worth a regular check.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Cupcake08

Post by Cupcake08 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Just curious. I had a current account with high street lender. It had an overdraft which was included in IVA. IVA completed last August, 6 year anniversary next month. Checking on Clearscore the account is still open and shows as a default. How do I tackle this? Do I write to the high street lender with copy of my completion certificate and request they close the account and update their records? Or do I approach credit agencies?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:03 pm
I have a loan which is still showing as a special arrangement on my credit file. It has had no effect on my applications for credit at all. I have just left it as it is.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:11 pm
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:51 pmCupcake08 wrote:
Just curious. I had a current account with high street lender. It had an overdraft which was included in IVA. IVA completed last August, 6 year anniversary next month. Checking on Clearscore the account is still open and shows as a default. How do I tackle this? Do I write to the high street lender with copy of my completion certificate and request they close the account and update their records? Or do I approach credit agencies?
'ave a read 'ere, m'dear : https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”