IVA Friendly Business Banks In 2017!!!

2 posts Page 1 of 1

thevikinggeneral

Post by thevikinggeneral » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:42 pm
Good morrow my fellow IVA'ers,

I'm seeking advice & would be very grateful if anybody knowledgeable could point me in the right
direction of an IVA Friendly Business Bank.

In April 2016 I entered into a F&F Single Premium IVA, a friend sumped up the premium on my behalf,
the IVA was agreed & that was that. The IVA practioners are carrying out PPI searches & a few large
creditors have yet to claim so it's probably going to drag on for another year until I get my Certificate
of Completion.

In the meantime I have set up a UK business, but I'm struggling to identify a bank willing to give my
company a current account in the UK.

I've read a lot of posts in the forums but they all appear to be quite dated so I just wondered if anybody
could provide an up to date answer or furnish me with a fresh perspective.

Thanks in advance.

"TheVikingGeneral"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 am
In recent years I have seen a post where a member managed to get a business account with Barclays, after being initially rejected by them. The computer will almost always say no, but the poster sought the help and support of the branch manager who over-rode the computer. Hopefully, someone with more recent ( and actual) experience will come along and advise.

During the early years of our IVA we ran an online cosmetics business, only turning over about £1000 per month. We used Paypal at point of sale, which we linked to a Cashminder account,
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”