IVA has left a mark on my business account

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Hope2012

Post by Hope2012 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:48 pm
Hi all, I'm a very frustrated newbie that has been on an IVA together with my other half since August 2011. I have been in business since 2003 as a sole trader so have always had a business account since then. However... since acting responsible and agreeing to go on an IVA after some financial issues, the IVA has now left a mark on mu business account.
This is highly frustrating and VERY embarrassing when I am holding up the bank queue due to the mark that isn't recognised by the cashier who has never seen such a thing and who then has to call over their supervisor to override the mark just so that I can pay my business funds into MY account.
I have complained so much about this! I was once in Barclays for 20 minutes while the cashier called the world and his dog while walking off with my card!
My bank manager has tried many of times to remove the mark, and it goes temporarily and then pops right back on. I am not Bankrupt, should this be happening? I have almost closed the account so many times to avoid the hassle but why should I? Plus it would be impossible to get another. [:(!]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:23 am
Hi there and welcome to the forum

Is your business account overdrawn? And do you have other debts with Barclays?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 am
I can feel your embarrassment! And its not fair you are being treated in such a way. Has anyone at the bank explained the marker to you? I haven't heard of them before so cant be of any real help but I did want to say hello and welcome you so the forum x
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”