IVA help, annual review and costs

5 posts Page 1 of 1

IVA_kid

Post by IVA_kid » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:00 pm
1) Have been in IVA for 2 years now. Payment has gone up from approx 500 to 600 due to pay increase. Now pay has gone up again siginificantly since last time, but I can't afford for monthly payment to go up again. I made my IP aware of extra travel costs etc about 6 months ago, but have not yet supplied the evidence. Can this amount be deducted from the extra that i have earned above my allowed threshold? (and applied in the review)

2) At the moment am living with parents, but I will have to move out in a few month's time. At this point, i see my costs going up significantly. For example rent will go up from £350 to £500. Bills will go up from say £50 to £100. Would this be acceptable? (Assuming I make the minimum contribution initially stated in my IVA).

3) What additions are acceptable during the IVA agreement? I tried at last year's review to add a few extra costs but I was told by my IP they were probably not acceptable. For example adding health insurance (did not have at start of IVA). Also, which other additions are regularly allowed that are not included at the start of IVA? And what increases to existing costs are allowed - for example would my food budget be allowed to go up by 5%? etc. I assume due to inflation this must be allowed?

Thanks

The Debt Man

Post by The Debt Man » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:05 pm
Hi IVA_kid,

I agree with you about the inflation and that the IP must allow lee-way for this. I have my annual review coming up if they don't make allowence for this I am going to take legal action. Some of the stories I have read on here about being only given £10 and suchlike for clothing is outrageous...more is spent on prisoners' clothing!

Regards

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 pm
I would put down on your expenditure what you are actually spending. Fuel has gone up since last year for a start. And when you do move out then inform your ip what your extra costs will be,they may well offset most of your wage rise.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:42 pm
The Debt Man wrote:

Hi IVA_kid,

I agree with you about the inflation and that the IP must allow lee-way for this. I have my annual review coming up if they don't make allowence for this I am going to take legal action. Some of the stories I have read on here about being only given £10 and suchlike for clothing is outrageous...more is spent on prisoners' clothing!

Regards
you have too much money to spare if you can even think about taking legal action!!!!!

I agree about the clothing though.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm
we are also about to have our second annual review...and altho we have a salary increase..its eaten up by the increase in petrol...mortgage etc...so hoping we will have a smooth review....
hope you have one too and everyone else who faces review time soon
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”