Iva listings appearing on Google

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
201 posts Page 3 of 14

ilikewatch

Post by ilikewatch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by recovering

Not sure what they are getting out of it apart from malicious pleasure
I would assume that the plan is that once there is enough traffic being driven to the site they will make advertising/referral revenue or sell the site on for a profit. Mind you, they could probably make a decent living by charging to remove individuals details :-)
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:25 am
I have sent a message directly through the website - on their homepage underneath the map there is a small box that says "protecting your data" and contact us. I filled in the contact information with my complaint and requesting that any and all listing relating to myself are removed within 28 days or i will make a formal complaint to the ICO - this way i have contacted the company the only way possible due to their lack of contact details.
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm
I'm wondering if perhaps IP's should be encouraged to try and stop this information being readily available on commonly used search engines as I imagine they too would suffer in the long run. If I had known that my personal info was made as public as this at the outset I would have taken the BR route. My chances of completing my IVA now have been greatly reduced because as soon as my Husband's employers get wind of this his employment will be terminated.

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:32 pm
I really hope that doesn't happen footiemad
I know the majority of people have no reason to look us up but the thought of anyone finding out freaks me out I have told no-one
I am in a post at work that isn't official and wonder if they look me up for any reason it could be a reason to not give me the job
I wonder if your IP could help? It is in their interest to keep your iva running

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:40 pm
The difficulty is that this information was always there and legally has to be there - legislation has not kept up with new technology and never anticipated this type of usage especially as there is a German connection.

I will have to ride the storm on this and see what type of impact occurs but I have already removed my Linkedin profile.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 pm
lifenoteasy, have you anymore suggestions please as I also got the same automated response saying that they would be unlikely to do anything until I had first complained to the company concerned?

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:49 pm
If I had a linked in account would it state on there that I was bankrupt or had an IVA?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:50 pm
Yes there is, for some outdated reason, the requirement for insolvents to be publicly pilloried on the Insolvency Register. However, that register isn't trawled by "Google-bots" and a search on Google, by name, will not bring it up. The searcher has to specifically know about the site and search for you.

This site, as we have discovered, will reveal results in a Google search on name and, as such is an invasion of privacy.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:52 pm
Its a standard response as the email address is used for multiple purposes - it doesn't mean that they won't do anything.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:06 pm
I'm really concerned about what is showing up on LindedIn as I may need to try and contact my husband and get him to delete his account. I've tried to access his account from here but without success. This is my worst day ever!!

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:46 pm
I can't open the site, confirm url please ?
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

NightOwl

Post by NightOwl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:46 pm
Can someone tell me what the connection is with linkedin and why people are deleting their accounts?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 pm
...because apparently it is showing on linkedin as a sponsored service whether you are in an IVA etc. against your public profile.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:53 pm
Is it plausible that it is not a genuine site and link and it is just self populating itself and location details from your profile based on your details ? I am not on LinkedIn and when I try and go to the link others have type here it doesn't work. Try turning on private browsing if using an ipad for example and see of the link still comes up.
Also try closing browser, clearing cookies and then going to your linkedin page to see if its still there, this Is a way to check if its generating the link from your internet history (e.g. This site perhaps ??)
Last edited by longslog101 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:58 pm
https://www.bankruptcheck.co.uk/about/

It's getting more than what you suggest.
201 posts Page 3 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”