Iva listings appearing on Google

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
201 posts Page 4 of 14

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:05 pm
Mine is not on there yet but I am on the insolvency register. So they must do a periodic import of their data. The question is where do they get the data from as surely there are or should be processes in place for the handling of such data either from the insolvency register, the courts or the credit reference agencies.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Not showing on my linked in profile. I use Firefox

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm
Data protection act springs to mind...
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

annierose

Post by annierose » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:09 pm
It's not actually on the linked in profile but for me it appears directly below the linked in profile in s google search of my name.
So if someone googles my name or even part of it the first website that comes up is linked in and the second this bankcruptcy one listing my personal details.
My husband doesn't have linked in and if I google his name it's the first site listed on Google.
I often google clients names to find out about them and I'm sure others do mine- I'm gutted to realise that they will see all these details about me.
It's also allowing for fraud as it's showing a full name/address and dob

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 pm
I have googled a few names that are on that site and nothing is coming up that links to that site (from an ipad) does it definitely do this if you have cleared your history and reset cookies etc and then close and re-open the browser ?

Just wondering if it is searching for you automatically based on your details in your profile and based on your internet history ?

annierose

Post by annierose » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:33 pm
I'm searching from an I phone one on private browsing and it's still coming up when I googor my name

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:33 pm
Just checked my husband's linkedin account and there is nothing regarding br. He is on google search though quite clearly as am I. I feel strongly that this cannot be legal publishing such personal details etc

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:35 pm
I have just cleared out my cookies/ deleted browser history, shut and restarted IE.

On the Google homepage google.co.uk I entered my name and on the bottom of that page is the details of my name and address with the bankruptcheck.co.uk link which, when pressed, takes you to a listing on his site showing details as well as a map of my address.

I do not have a LinkedIn account or anything like that.

annierose

Post by annierose » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:36 pm
Sorry my typing is terrible! Shaky with all the worry!
Also this data will just stay on here even after we disappear from register as it's clearly not live data!

nelly74

Post by nelly74 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:38 pm
I have referred this to their website host as the information is inaccurate and it appears impossible to contact them. I will advise any replies.

support@namecheap.com if anyone else wants to complain.

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Namecheap Customer Support.

We are forwarding this ticket to our Legal and Abuse Department for further assistance. Kindly allow them some time to investigate the issue.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

========
Regards,

Namechap Customer Support

* Visit http://status.namecheap.com/

Ticket Details
Ticket ID:
Department: Domains -- Legal and Abuse
Type: Issue
Priority: High

Helpdesk: https://support.namecheap.com/index.php?

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:52 pm
I will do some more digging, in the meantime you can make a request to google to remove certain links relating to you. The law allowing this came in relatively recently and they have to do it.

that would be a good starting place.
https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3110420?hl=en

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl ... 4905?hl=en

I will keep digging to see if i can find where they are getting info from, the London gazette listings never disappear as I have just searched someone I know who was a BRU many years ago, they are on the gazette site but not on this site, they are also not on the insolvency site, so I'm wondering where the source is

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:12 pm
news on right to be forgotten

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27631001

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:15 pm
If it is directly linked to LinkedIn, then that's why my husbanda name is not showing on the Google listings as he started his IVA same time as mine!

Anyone contacted LinkedIn directly?
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:05 pm
here is the precise form to ask for info to not be shown on google when you put your name in

https://support.google.com/legal/contac ... arch&hl=en

annierose

Post by annierose » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by MrsR

If it is directly linked to LinkedIn, then that's why my husbanda name is not showing on the Google listings as he started his IVA same time as mine!

Anyone contacted LinkedIn directly?
It's not directly linked to linkedin. It's just the website and link appear beneath the googke listing for my linkedin account ( in my case anyway) in my husbands case the site is the first one listed when I google his full name
201 posts Page 4 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”